Sign in to follow this  
jnoden

masking a house

Question

Just curious if anyone is using something other than plastic and duct tape to mask a house from sealer over spray. It has been a pita for me mostly becuase the tape does not want to stick well and if there is any wind then forget about it.

6 answers to this question

Just curious if anyone is using something other than plastic and duct tape to mask a house from sealer over spray. It has been a pita for me mostly becuase the tape does not want to stick well and if there is any wind then forget about it.

I use when i can 1-2 inch squares of cardboard and staple on top of the the plastic to the shingles or the deck.I trust staples a whole lot more than i do tape and plastic.I'm not shy to use plastic as i have used a whole roll of 12'x200' 1.5 mil plastic on 1 job.I'll charge xtra of course for those kinds of jobs.Oh yeah use water too under the plastic so the oil won't stick when it's wet.

THIS IS GOOD FOR CUTTING IN NEAR THE HOUSE AND GARAGE, IT IS THE BEST THING I EVER BOUGH, YOUCAN GET THEM AT HOME DEPOT. OR BEJAMIN MOORE.

BY THE WAY I AM TALING ABOUT PAVER SEALER!

http://froogle.google.com/froogle_cluster?q=PRO+SPRAY+SHIELD&pid=4912350166009122230&oid=13571526909127999912&btnG=Search+Froogle&scoring=mrd&hl=en

Just tarp the railings with a 9X12 canvas tarp. I never tarp the house. If you are spraying the floor, you need to switch to hand brushing. Call me if you need to. I can explain better over the phone.

Just tarp the railings with a 9X12 canvas tarp. I never tarp the house. If you are spraying the floor, you need to switch to hand brushing. Call me if you need to. I can explain better over the phone.

Jarrod, I'm curious as to why you hand brush the floor v/s spraying. Have you had bad results? I spray the floor and backbrush with a roller, and I am pleased. If better results can be had, I'd like to try.

I spray the floor also. It doesnt waste as much stain as the railing, Fast and you can get between the boards and less chance of overspray problems. Sometimes we will hand roll and brush the railings and then spray the floor. Im also curious as to why you would rather brush the floor.