Sign in to follow this  
dsw1975

Roof Cleaning 101

Question

Hi everyone. Brand new here but there seems to be a wealth of info. and experience available. I'm in Montgomery, AL, and the possibilities of roof cleaning appear to be endless. I have done a couple so far with varied results and have truly gone the way of the beginner ie... myself on the roof with a garden sprayer. I've used a bleach concentration (50/50), and an online detergent product. Obviously the bleach worked much better, but I'm a little worried about damaging shingles or greenery.

1.)How have you guys covered shrubs or grass...or have you found it necessary?

2.)What's the best way to apply bleach solution? Pump ? What brand and how strong?

3.) Hose rinse, or rinse with light pressure or water broom?

Thanks so much for any help or advice you might offer. Trying to make a move from driveways to roofs and would hate to damage any property, lawns , or myself !

3 answers to this question

With a hat like that, you must know what your're doing ! Roll Tide. I'd be more than happy to offer you some free labor anytime Russ. Thanks so much for the offer. What's s good time to give you a ring?

1.) Do you have plenty of business in Selma?

2.) How have you marketed your business? I strongly feel like if I market to the "niche" of roof cleaning instead of pressure cleaning in general, atleast here in Montgomery, I'll have a pretty strong market.

3.) There seems to be some real debate over what to use on the roofs on this site and it's admittably a little scary. The last thing I need is to be replacing roofs....or shrubery for that matter.Thoughts?

Thanks again. I can be reach at 334-613-4548 or 334-215-0839. Just let me know when it's convenient and I'll drop you a line.