Sign in to follow this  
sjpressurewashin

Decker 5

Question

Quick question for Decker 5 users. What is the best way to purge the hose after use? There is alot of stain in line and I was wondering if there was a easy or quick way to get it out with out wasting it.

Thanks, S & J

6 answers to this question

Someone may have a better and easier method, but what I have done is disconnect the hose from the pump. Then put the end into the stain can, hold the trigger on the gun while lifting the hose to allow the stain to drain back into the can.

Doug

Put your pick up tube in a bucket of soap/water and run your pump till it builds back up the pressure.While you are doing this drain that excess of stain back into the bucket.

When it starts getting water in the hose/wand it will start spitting/getting air.Then drain your water where ever you can,I'll rinse off grass with this soapy water.

This is how i clean my shurflo pumps...:cool:

If you have another stain job within 3-5days, keep stain in hose by QC'ing ends together. Flush pump and filter as normally would after every use.

I use Joy or weak butyl degreaser solution and cycle 2-3gals through pickup tube, pump, back into same bucket with bypass tube for about 5 minutes.

Cleanup is a PITA.

S & J,

You may want to consider using a separate Shurflo pump setup for strippers, cleaners, and brighteners. I only use my Decker 5 for Ready Seal stains.

The only time it is flushed or cleaned out is at the end of the season for winterizing.