Sign in to follow this  
hawk

The Little Things...?

Question

I thought I would ask for a little fun somewhat meaningful discussion on little tricks to make things easier. I'm about a 2 months into my business and don't post much. I tend to sit here and use search. Some things I would like to know are the stuff that seasoned professionals take for granted. How to make things easier. #1 I have found that I like to start a housewash at the farthest point from my rig and work back. #2 I also hope that this is the worst spot on the house. Like the north side. #3 work with the sun behind me (hard to clean through a rainbow). #4 fill your tanks before you start, fill your your cans, also. #5 Take food and drink. #6 Make friends with the dogs (quick).#7 On flat work, the quickest way I have found to finish is to think about the money I'm going to make so I can invest in a surface cleaner. #8 Take extra clothes, I clean, yet I get dirty. I clean with water, so I get wet. #9 Take pictures, B4 and after. #10 Check and double check that you have everything you need before you leave for the job. Make sure you leave the job with what you came with, and nothing more. #11 I now know why there are more lawncare co's than PWing co's, Any body can point a mower in a straight line, It takes someone special to do what you do! I know I have leftout other thoughts, but this is a good start.

PS. Thanks for everyone being supportive to each other in this business. It only makes our industry stronger and more respected.

5 answers to this question

do what you find that works best for you and good luck ..... everyone has his or her own way ....but nevertheless you are on the right track,your working trying to find an easier way which is all of our goals still to this day.....good luck

I always wash the front of the house first because that is the area that is generally seen most and if I wash it first then I have a fresh mind and make it perfect where as when you get tired you can miss a few spots.

Always double check your work I also when I can bring the homeowner out and take a walkabout around the house.Two sets of eyes are better than one.

Over-communicate at all times. I am weak at this, but improving. Whether it is calls or emails, people want to be updated and informed. NO, it doesn't bother them. When I ask my customers what I can improve on, it is always related to this.