Sign in to follow this  
daryl

All the wright tools

Question

Good evening everybody, this was a deck I have been working on completing for the longest. The weather and the moon and the stars finally align them self’s so I can finish my work. Well she had a change of mind on the color of the stain. Now I’m running up to home depot to buy stain that I’m not too sure about. I buy the stain open it up an fill the pump up sprayer an the sprayer wont dispense it at all now what the heck I’m going to do.

I’m glade you ask. I go back to home depot pick up some stain pads, brush and a deck mop thing (don’t ask me) I’m still mad about it the whole thing. Needless to say this was a hand job this was going to be the first official stain job with my new pump up sprayer.

I guess the wood rookie needs some real wood pro tools. Hey guys give me a list of tools a young wood rookie needs.

post-656-137772158831_thumb.jpg

post-656-137772158834_thumb.jpg

post-656-137772158839_thumb.jpg

4 answers to this question

Stain pads are great tools to have. You might also pick up a couple decent china bristle brushes. Get an HVLP sprayer - we user a Decker. The pump up is a nice back-up when the sprayer doesn't work...never hurts to have one, but the HVLP is much faster.

Beth

Daryl if you just gonna hand stain since it's so small a0ll you need is a paint pad and a pole a brush and a bucket.That deck should take few hours at the most to stain it by hand.

You brush the rail one good time then paint pad the second coat it's easier.Once you get the cracks of the deck it's just padding the rest of the boards.

You can't find TWP in your area? It would be better than anything you will get from the Depot!