Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Efc-38 Faq Sheet

EFC-38 FAQ SHEET

What does EFC-38 work on?

EFC-38 will remove faded/grayed paraffin based sealants, oil based sealants in addition to mold, mildew and algae. Removes Wolman F&P, Olympic, Ready Seal, aged 2 or more years.

How much should EFC-38 should I use per gallon of water?

3-5 oz. per gallon will handle mold and mildew

4-6 oz. per gallon to clean brick or concrete

8 oz. per gallon to clean siding or fiberglass

8 oz. per gallon to restore wood decks

What surfaces can I use EFC-38 on?

Concrete, brick, wood/vinyl siding, fiberglass, canvas, metal, wood decks and even carpet.

How long does EFC-38 take to work?

Depending on the strength of the EFC-38 solution and the soil being removed will determine how long it will take for EFC-38 to work. A dwell time of about 15-30 minutes is recommended on most surfaces. Some agitation with a stiff bristle brush may be necessary to loosen some material before rinsing with a pressure washer.

How do I know when EFC-38 is working?

EFC-38 exhibits a fizzing action upon contact with soiled surfaces that will eventually settle down while continuing to work.

What happens if I let EFC-38 dry on the surface before it can be rinsed?

EFC-38 will stop working. To keep EFC-38 active, you may reapply more to areas previously covered or lightly mist the surface with water to reactivate EFC-38.

Is EFC-38 harmful to humans and pets?

While it is an environmentally friendly cleaner, EFC-38 may irritate the skin of some people and should simply be washed off with water. Read all MSDS and first aid materials completely before beginning.

If I mix up more than I need for a job, will EFC-38 go bad?

Unfortunately, EFC-38 loses its strength after about an hour so be sure to only mix what you need to do the job. Will EFC-38 harm my new wood sealant if not thoroughly rinsed? It's always better to make sure the wood is rinsed completely before letting it dry and then sealing. The reason for this is that the residue will leach through the new sealant leaving white veins of powder that can detract from the overall look of the job.