Sign in to follow this  
Dan Stapleton

Deck Bright, Deck Guy

Question

4 answers to this question

sup Dan,

...Are you asking a specific person?? ..My opinion, not as easy to apply as soon allude. It is "easy" as in "difficult to make look bad", but to make it "durable", you have to apply very specifically, i.e. correct moisture, coats done in a properly-spaced way, etc. Done right, very durable, looks nice, and the easiest of all to maintain. Just don't buy into the "can be applied by a Monkey" philosophy.

sup Dan,

...Are you asking a specific person?? ..My opinion, not as easy to apply as soon allude. It is "easy" as in "difficult to make look bad", but to make it "durable", you have to apply very specifically, i.e. correct moisture, coats done in a properly-spaced way, etc. Done right, very durable, looks nice, and the easiest of all to maintain. Just don't buy into the "can be applied by a Monkey" philosophy.

aah aah aah hooh hooh hooh.(An ape?) Yeah I was asking Deck Bright Deck Guy. Get with it, man. He had mentioned in another thread that he was trying Readyseal for the first time, I was just curious. I do small decks for p.w. customers when I have the time and I was going to try r.s. on the next one. Thanks for the info.

I like it. I use it pretty often when deck jobs come up. Applies very good even with pumper. Pretty oily odor for a few days after but not unbearable.

Dries quick. Kind of a limited color selection, but, they do look great afterwards.

It seemed to go pretty well...

I completed the job in about 4 1/2 hours without a helper (ACT Tests that day), but that would have taken more time with an airless and my usual stain. I could use a better system for application, since my pump-up always seemed to be spraying too much or too little, and an inconsistent pattern (heavier on the outside). I liked the product overall, but still have to get past the need to stock it, when I can just run by the SW store here for stain when I need some. Also, the need for maintenence every two years is a sticking point for me. On the other hand, it looks fantastic. I forgot to take before and after pics, but I thought I'd run by there anyway to shoot an after pic for my book anyway. If I get around to it, I'll post to this thread.

All in all, some pluses, some minuses...so I'm still not totally sold.