Sign in to follow this  
John T

Mid life crisis toy

Question

Mid life crisis toy

I just bought this labor day weekend. 1987 Buick Grand national. ITs in great shape and has most of the options. The engine has alot of miles but when I get time I will rebuild it and chrome it out.

ahhhh the joys of working 70+ hours a week.

http://performance-auto-group.com/images/eBay/Stock-0031/Large/Stock-0031-b001.jpg

8 answers to this question

That car is FREAKIN SWEET!!!!!!! Good choice. I have a friend who has a GN thats putting out 500+hp at the rear wheels. I rode in it a few times, has a stall converter in it so the turbo spools up quick....What a rush, lottsa $$$ in it though.

Sweet............

The GN's are the ultimate sleeper. 400-500 hp is not hard to get, and it surprises the punks in their mustangs and camaros. Many of the kids today don't even know about the GN's.

Hopefully you get a little occupational courtesy. You know, no problem with tickets if you accidently go over the speed limit, not that you would....;)

Thank guys. This car in its day could beat the Corvettes,Mustangs,Porches etc. I also know this because back then I had an 86 Mustang GT convertible(Same colors black with grey interior which are my 2 favorite in a Vehicle) and I could not come close to these cars.

One thing I will not do is street race this car....except maybe up to 60 mph;).

I learned my lesson back in 88 when I was racing my friends Audi. Like 2 idiots we were hitting speeds of close to 140mph which is stupid. Racing against a foreign auto you never want to keep racing at high speeds because those cars can get way up there. Sure enough while going around a turn at 70+ I lost control of my mustang and I hit the divider. I didn't total my car and thankfully I didn't get hurt but the $8,000+ damage I put on this car made this car never the same again and pretty much put my racing in permanent retirement.

What I still like is the feel of raw power behind the wheel and this car gives that and then some.:D

Thanks guys.

Not my driveway. I wish my driveway look like that even though it needs some Powerwashing. My driveway needs to be repaved because the blacktop is falling to pieces. Who has time to fix there own houses anyway.:p

I put a couple of thousand down for the down payment and I have to pay the rest by next week which then I will pick up this beauty and then if the wife complains I'll put her in the car with me along with my 2 girls so we all can take a spin. Then I'll drop them off and...............;)