Sign in to follow this  
DustinC

bleach resistant POLOS

Question

I have been searching one side up and another side down google trying to find bleach resisant polo shirts. I have work pants by Dickies that are 65/35 polyester and cotton blend. They are navy and don't respond at all to bleach contact.

Anyone have polos (that aren't $30/piece) that seem to have the same effect? Mine are 100% cotton and I'm having trouble finding a decent looking polo to wear to give estimates.

Dustin

13 answers to this question

I have been searching one side up and another side down google trying to find bleach resisant polo shirts. I have work pants by Dickies that are 65/35 polyester and cotton blend. They are navy and don't respond at all to bleach contact.

Anyone have polos that seem to have the same effect?

Yes!

(that aren't $30/piece)

Oh.

No!

The new Dri-fit type shirts seem to hold up to bleach but they're really expensive if you don't have a sister with an embroidery and screen print business (like me).

Jon, it seems like a good solution but has two downfalls.

- The bleach will still "eat" at the cotton and after one or two washings will disintegrate in those areas

- Housewashing can get real messy, especially at the foundation. White shirts can get nasty (unless of course you soak them in more bleach at which point you can kiss your logo buh bye)

After almost giving up, my wife clicked on one of those ad links that comes up in gmail (ingenious gmail) and found this store which had 85% polyester shirts. Here's the link and info:

http://www.shirtdistributor.com/prod.cfm?ProductID=401&CD=No

85% polyester/15% cotton 7.0 ounce pique knit

Double-needle bottom hem

Fashion knit contoured collar and welt sleeve bands

Innovative dri-release® fabric that wicks moisture away from the body

Tagless label

Three high gloss woodtone buttons

really happy with the polos.good quality for the price.bought shorts from dickies website.and 100% polyester hats, all logoed.I'm completely bleach proof.

really happy with the polos.good quality for the price.bought shorts from dickies website.and 100% polyester hats, all logoed.I'm completely bleach proof.

How do you know they are bleach-resistant? I didn't see it mentioned in the link. Would you mind washing a house or two and letting us know?

I currently use dickies shirts and pants, and they are almost bullet proof as far as bleach goes. What I really would like are hats that resist bleach. Mine are blue, but fade very quickly, so that they go from navy to more of a washed denim color. How are your hats holding-up?

John

I tested several shirts with 5.5%.I found that shirts made of 85% polyester do not bleach.

hats: www.blankcaps.com the ones I bought are made of 100%polyester and 100% nylon, low profile so I don't look like grandpa or a over the road trucker (no offense meant)

hats: www.blankcaps.com the ones I bought are made of 100%polyester and 100% nylon, low profile so I don't look like grandpa or a over the road trucker (no offense meant)

Hey!

My Grandpa was an OTR trucker!

:grrr::furious:

so I don't look like grandpa or a over the road trucker (no offense meant)

My Dad has some fine looking navy blue MFA FEED hats like that (with the stiff mesh back of course) and he is mighty proud of them.

From what I can tell by the looks of him and his budies the object is to wear them up just as high on your head as possible without the wind blowing them off!:lolsign: