Sign in to follow this  
hawk

Retainer Contracts

I would like to get some feedback on the idea of Retainer Contracts. This would be for newer companys or people that have months that they struggle. The basic idea is to offer a guaranteed amount of work or days of work at a slightly reduced rate. In exchange for this you are guaranteed a regular monthly rate. The company is given 1 bill a month. It would seem to work well with PM company's and builders/realestate company's. If I get 4 company's to commit to $1500 a month for 2 or 3 days of work, that would be a good month. These are just random figures, but you can see the idea. The contract can have a 30 day out for both sides in case either side is taking advantage of the other. Anyone had problems or success with these idea.

Hank

Great thinking outside the box. Unfortunately with the amount of competition out there willing to work for donuts, getting takers on this type of agreement will be a very difficult sell. It's hard enough getting commercial accounts to pay for work already performed in under 45 days let alone having them pay consistently for work not even performed. We are in a business of fly by nighters and those fly by nighters offer pie in the sky performance and pricing and then go out of business in three months. Property managers and HOA's are well aware of this. The fact that you are a newer company would make this sale next to impossible.

I suggest you cut your personal costs as much as is possible, stay very strict to a budget and if you are in a climate subject to cold temps think about winter work.