Sign in to follow this  
cupid11213

was this bid to low?

Question

hi guy's :lgwave:

Well let me just start by telling you guy's that i am learning so much by your previous posts and i am thankful for all the help you guy's might be able to provide me.

My dad started a pressure washing business not too long ago and i have been helping out as much as i can, although i am currently living in EL Salvador Central America. he got a customer who wanted for him to give him an estimate for a two story 3000 sq.ft. ( inside property) ( from what he said). and wanted us to wash the house and windows. when my dad went to give the estimate he measured the house by using a measuring wheel ( sorry not really sure what it's called) and got only 213 linear feet. *( could this be right?)

Well i told him to charge 1 dollar a linear foot for 1 story and 2 dollar for 2 story. so from the measurements he took he arrived at $430 dollars for the house and at 3 dollars a window ( he has about 35) which would equal $105.

So he quoted the guy $530 for the house and windows. What i would like your opinion on is this. Is the estimated price too low? we live in sacramento California but are not too sure on going rates here. ( what we quoted was on listings i found and used as guides and from help from other forums) but no one lived im our area.

Also what is the correct way to measure the house with one of those wheels? sorry i know i sound very ignorant asking all these questions, but i am just here to learn all i can, since this is really not my field, i work in the computer industry.

Well thank you guy's for any advise you might provide or for telling me off if i deserve it, but it's my only way to learn. If i can help any one of you with anything from web pages for advertising or computer issues please feel free to e-mail me....

Luis Lopez

cupid11213@msn.com

pc_fix_elsalvador@msn.com

4 answers to this question

h

So he quoted the guy $530 for the house and windows. What i would like your opinion on is this. Is the estimated price too low? we live in sacramento California but are not too sure on going rates here. ( what we quoted was on listings i found and used as guides and from help from other forums) but no one lived im our area.

Also what is the correct way to measure the house with one of those wheels? sorry i know i sound very ignorant asking all these questions, but i am just here to learn all i can, since this is really not my field, i work in the computer industry.

Well, that's certainly not too low for here in FL. Not sure about CA. I wish I could get $430.00 for a 3000sf house!

Sounds like he measured correctly. Let's say the house is rectangular, 20' x 80'. Each story would be 1600sf..that'd be 3200sf total. It just depends on the layout of the house, but 213lf is certainly possible.

thanks guy's

Makes me feel more confident i didn't screw it up. I really appreciate your input. I wish there was some someone from my are that would give an idea if that's wround the going rate here, but you guy's have been alot of help.

When it comes to computers if there is any help you need, e-mail me and i'll help you guy's out just like you help me.

Thank you.

Luis Lopez

cupid11213@msn.com

pc_fix_elsalvador@msn.com