Sign in to follow this  
rousec

Surface Cleaner Preference

I have a Landa Cyclone 20 inch surface cleaner that has turned out to be a POS. I have spoke with Russ Johnson @ South Side and he recommended a Whirl a Way 16 or 18 inch floater. I respect his opinion and would like to hear from those who have used the floater as opposed to a wheeled unit. I am running a hot water machine with 5 @ 3500 for power. By the way, I have spoke with Landa about the rotary union problem that I have been having and the only response was that they admit that it is a bad design. No offer to warranty or to upgrade to a different union. What a way to do business.

Carey,

I have had a 2 Steel Eagle's that I have used for the last 8-9 years at least 5-10 times a month and they have been pretty reliable. If you can keep from running them over or dropping them off the truck they also seem to require less maint.... I rebuilt mine once about 2 years ago, o rings and bearings, and it is still working great. My recommendation would be for the non adjustable arm height version. I had an adjustable one and it fell apart in about a month. I rebuilt it as a stationary mount arm swivel and have had no problems since.

As far as wheeled or floater? I am a wheel guy, I like the stability of the wheels for all types of surfaces and not having to carry it around when not in use. I will say that I have never used a floater so I couldn't say which is better. I guess it is just personal preference.

Sorry about your service issue, I always hate when that happens to me. If I can help you further or have any other questions please give me a call.