Sign in to follow this  
Guest rfitz

Cabbotts Quality ??

Question

Guest rfitz

I used cabbotts semi trans this weekend, and I was wondering if anyone has experience with the quality, durability, etc.. of this product..? I know consumers ranks it pretty high, but that doesnt mean much, I would rather hear from true experience, I know the can says 400-600 sq ft, but I found more around the 300 sq ft range...???

THX

8 answers to this question

Guest rfitz

Brian, on the semi trans, it sprayed great, nice coverage, but I have a huge job I m starting wednesday that is a cabots soild as well, but they said I could spray it as well, so I guess I will try, I used a pump up

i used cabbott's semi last month to do a cape cod.

they requested no spraying.

i used stain pad's.

They also req. 2 coat's.

2 coat's of semi is = to a solid, in my opinion.

Do you have to use cabbott's primer first?

if your going to use a pump-up you better strain the stain.

I would use my shur-flo before a pump-up.

use cloth type drop cloth's not plastic.

Ron,

Last year I was applying Cuprinol semi-solid to a 2nd floor deck. I had put down a couple of canvas drop cloths underneath. The stain soaked thru the drop cloth and got on the concrete patio below. I noticed it in time and used some spirits to clean it up, and then rinsed it off. It turned out looking good, but I think that I was lucky! I now use some of them cheap blue tarps under the dropcloths to make sure nothing gets thru. Just my 2 cents!

Robert

Guest rfitz

That what I do is keep it wet, or if its too big to keep wetting, I buy the cheap shower curtains at the dollar store, I think there 6ft X 7Ft, then I just pitch them, but normally I get cardboard from dumpsters that works great, FREE,

I am now booking into december and the phones just wont stop ringing,

I might have to start sub contracting, I cant keep going 7 days a week 12-15 hours a day, Im getting tired.. I used 20+ gallons of Wood Tux on a deck job sunday, I will post photos when I get them back, It was HUGE....

was because my helper kept walking on the tarp then walking on the un-tarped cement. Made me crazy.

i'll use the blue tarp under the cloth tarp next time.

I did'nt have that much sealer leaking to go through the cloth.

Just some drip's. Drip's on plastic make a puddel. Not on cloth.

Guest rfitz

Ron, thats why I like the shower curtains, you can go back and roll up the puddles, and recoop 20% of your stain that would have been wasted...