Sign in to follow this  
Don M.

wood tux tinting

Question

I did a search on this but could not find the info I needed.

How is everyone tinting WTW? Does ESI carry a tinting kit yet?

I have been doing decks for about a year and a half now. I want to be able to offer to my customers a one day solution instead of a 2 day project. I feel that my closing rate will go way up in the areas that I am trying to get into.

Also, how does wtw work with spraying and back padding?

Thanks for your input.

Don

5 answers to this question

Don,

I recently started using WTW about two months ago. I asked the same question about where to get the tint locally on this site and never got an answer.

I did have to buy a tint kit from ESI, they do carry them, buy one now before you need it so you can have it on hand.

WTW sprays fine right out of the can. I have not diluted it with mineral spirits or water yet, but know of many who do. If you have used Ready Seal it is definetly not the same. Takes some getting used to and you will want to backbrush for sure.

Doug Baker

Baker's Pressure Washing

270-268-1694

Doug, I remember seeing your post when I was doing research. Could you PM me the cost on the tint kit?

I have only been using deckscapes, but I am looking for something that I can do it all in one day, plus Russel is very near by so I thought I would give it a try. Is it hard to be consistent with the color Doug. My biggest fear is running out on a job and having to mix again.

Thanks for your input

Don,

I'm thinking the tint kit was 40.00 for the black and red tint. Like I said it takes some experience with the product, but the finished product is worth it. Can't really tell you about remixing because I have only custom tinted on one deck so far with it and I mixed a gallon more than I thought I needed so I would'nt run into that problem.

Doug Baker

Baker's Pressure Washing

270-268-1694

The mixing is incredibly easy. I don't even measure anymore. I know the tone it will end up as by whats in the can. Your best bet is to mix light at first, try it on the wood and let it sit for five minutes until you see the tone. You can always deepen the tone.