Sign in to follow this  
VanDiesel99

Burner Nozzle/Electrode Adjustment Configuration

I have a Hydrotek with a Wayne Oil Fired Model EHA 120 volt burner that is acting up. The transformer works, the fuel flows, the electrodes create a spark but it doesn't seem to run long. It will run for a while(fire) but then it will go back to cold. The resets have to be hit occasionally but I believe the problem is in the arrangement of the electrodes. I changed the burner nozzle about 6mos ago and its never been the same. Does anybody have a GOOD diagram of how the electrodes have to be aligned? I used one when I put it back but somehting wasn't right(the diagram was vague). I had to bend the little copper receptors on the back of the electrodes when I put it back in there so I figure something is wrong with the way it is aligned. Thanks guys

Have you seen this diagram?

Wayneelectrode.jpg

Electrode misadjustment would cause a misfire rather than an outage. Does it light right away and burn clean when it does fire? Will it relight after it has gone cold, or do you shut it off and try later? The Racor filter that is on that unit is the best one going IMO, but when they get dirty, they won't pass fuel for long. Does it get extremely hot before it quits or just warm?