Sign in to follow this  
mdspowerwashing

What is your average driving distance to job?

What is your average driving distance to get to jobs?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What is your average driving distance to get to jobs?

• 10 miles or less (aprox 20 min or less)
    • 10-25 miles(aprox 20-40 min)
    • 25-50 miles (aprox 40-100 min)
    • Over 50 Miles ( over an hour)
    • I will drive over 50 miles to do "big money" jobs(explain)
    • Gas is to expensive to drive more than 10 miles from home
    • Other(Please explain)

Hi,

I was just wondering, What is the average amount of miles/minutes/hours you drive to a customer? I know there are some "high profit" jobs we may all go well out of our territory for, but what I'm trying to gather is just what most people drive.

I personally started out driving around an hour to get most my jobs. I'm located in the Lehigh Valley(Eastern PA), and was travelling south to my jobs. I guess at that time I was just happy to be getting calls and get jobs. Most those jobs came through Service Magic. It was an inconvienience to give estimates in person with that type of job, although I did get many jobs, just by asking the customer questions to get a feel for the job. I did very well doing that, and yes, I did have some jobs I got to that I was misled the dimentions of a deck. In that case, I just told the customer, they understood, and agreed to my price.

Generally, now I will stay with in 25 miles or so(45 min), unless I am slow, in which case I will go about an hour(job must be over $300). I have cut back my lead prefrence through service magic, to fit my needs also.

It should be interesting to see what most people are driving to get to there jobs.

I believe I can top all of you all over the nation. I drive exactly 12 miles door to door to get to the office. Morning rush hour and 1 person to every car on my 100 by 35 mile Island takes me 1 hour and change...and you all wonder why I want to become a grease vampire at night when there is no traffic???

1 hour to go 12 miles? dang, I could jog that faster...well, maybe not because I would die after about 4 miles, but you get what I'm saying. Why don't you buy a motorcycle?

Hard to pull a pressure wash trailer on a bike. Plus my life insurance won't cove a motor bike. One day here you would see why I don't ride a bike. Turn signals optional...missed your exit on the freeway???...That's what reverse is for.

Hard to pull a pressure wash trailer on a bike. Plus my life insurance won't cove a motor bike. One day here you would see why I don't ride a bike. Turn signals optional...missed your exit on the freeway???...That's what reverse is for.

If I can do it, so can you.....

post-1756-137772161409_thumb.jpg

I'd drive it. But 65 miles to me, may be less than it is to you...what I mean is it's all freeway and not windey roads....if they makes any kinda since..I drive that at least a couple times a week....I'm there in less than an hour.

There is no average milage for me. My furthest account is around 60miles. My closest account is 10 miles.

On some of my longer distance accounts if I didnt have 2 or 3 stops on the way they would get cut, but since I am in the area I picked them up.

3-5 miles on average. I went 14 miles today and that was a haul for me. It's a rhode island thing, if the drive is more than 10 minutes, its outta the way.

The farthest acct I have is 66 miles,I will be letting this one go before to long. I just passed a large job over to another washer that was more than 50 miles even though the money would have been good. I have decided to work closer to the home base to better serve the customer for any situation that may arise with them, emergency call etc.Time is money and there is enough work locally to not have to travel to far.