Sign in to follow this  
JBenson

Big window job

I have an opportunity to bid on a commercial window cleaning job. I was looking for a little help on pricing. I know, the dreaded pricing post.

6 Full length doors

48 ground level 30"x30" paynes

4 30"x72" ground level paynes

348 30"x30" paynes starting at 20' going up to 35'

A lift will be used, the ends of the building are like an airplane hanger, arched, and the whole top is glass so all 348 windows are touching except for the 2" aluminum frame between. Lots of spider webs. Any help would be great. Call, or email if you dont want your pricing on here.

Cell# 1-715-308-4941

Home is listed below

Thank your for your help

I am in the process of washing the building now if you would recommend a multi job discount. Plus, my dad works their so i have a little favortism, but that will not affect pricing.

J Benson,

Mr. Carrol suggested a bosun's chair .Excellent tool!I get the impression that you are not a window cleaner,I apologize if I am incorrect.Doesn't mean you don't know how to use a chair,but I must ask,is the roof arched ,as you described it?Depending upon your exp.,could be a problem.

My .02 sense, is that an articulating boom lift would do you well.Provided you know how to run one.Mind you ,it is not rocket science,but you can do a lot of damage;to prop,your self,your employee's.You need to ask property guy if there are any under ground races,plumbing,etc.and so on,and so on...

Concerning pricing,are you doing out only ,or in/out?You take into consideration acess,risk involved,your liability,the time it will take you to clean the glass,etc;and arrive at your price.The price Mr.Carroll told you sounds like it is a good ballpark,and could be right on.I compete in a very different market,so it is hard to make a call.I hope this helps,if not feel free to e me at Peerl@rochester.rr.com.You have probably already done the job,and I hope you did well.

The roof line is arched, I had planned on using a lift, the manager agreed. As far as price i was thinking $4 per payne but may reconsider due to the fact he wants all the aluminum frame work wiped down also. I will only be bidding on the outside. I am not a window cleaner but he just asked me if i did windows when i met with him to bid the building wash, and I couldnt see turning it down. Thanks Jim and Don, i atleast have a starting point now. I will let you know how it goes.