Sign in to follow this  
DustinC

stone walk disaster

Question

I got a call today from a guy that had laid a stone walk right before a downpour,the area flooded and every stone became covered with mortar.It was dry and a half inch thick in some places.I offered to come back another day more prepared(tgs) for the job,but after a turbo nozzle test spot he was happy with the results.This was about 90%-95% effective.I was thinking a wire brush/chisel and muriatic for the stubborn spots but I could be wrong.What would you do?sorry no pics I have them on film and could post later.thanks

7 answers to this question

What kind of stone did he put down? Muratic will work on the light areas but test diffrent strengths before you starts heavy cleaning. He he has extra pieces that you could mess with before you start on the ones already laid that would be great.

old fashion muscle? since you already got a few spots up, try a pry bar and a maul (sledge hammer) just start working from the spot that has exposed the walkway already.

I wouldn't even think of power washing something like this, maybe after I got all the mortar of. But it's hard to tell with out even seeing the job.

p.s. how big is the area you're talking about?