Sign in to follow this  
Don L

I'm curious...

Question

When I first came to this bbs,I was of the opionin that everybody that was making profit was in the ''all year round club".I have since come to learn that there are great co's in my neck of the woods(i am dating myself with that expression...but)The great north east.Particullay, the Peoples Republic of New York state. Ladie's,and gentlemen of the NE...you are no less than an inspiration to my company.To see you prospering in this climate is commendable,and to be respected.Thank you for your hard work.

I am by trade a window cleaner.I entered the pw biz 3 yrs ago.W/C is stil my primary revenue source.I fully intend to position my pw division to be dominant in this market,but winter is still a challenge.I have added office cleaning to give me steady income throught the winter freeze.

I have been reading so much about greasers..gahha!,I am wondering what you NE players have to say about the grease biz in our region?I know I could scan posts,but I am looking for real time.

Thank ya'll.

3 answers to this question

hey don, I am over in RI and have been wondering the same thing. I am strongly considering hood cleaning not only for winter biz but for regular accounts as well. If you get the hoods, you can probably get the flat work and buildings as well. I have checked the local phone book and noone advertises cleaning hoods but someone must be doing them. I think the next step is to call a bunch of area restaraunts and inquire who they use and if they are happy to help me evaluate the demand for the service.

There is a very high demand everywhere. I started in this business doing kitchen exhaust cleaning. Sales are done by cold calling and are probably the easiest sales you will ever do in your life. These restaurants need their exhaust cleaned. If they have a fire they are out of business for months. Many of their existing customer base will never return. You basically walk in and let them know why you are the company to do it.

I will tell you, the job is dirty and nasty. The hours are terrible and it will definitely interfere with your family life if you plan on doing the work.