Sign in to follow this  
John T

Flojet pump problems!!!!!!!!!!!

I went thru 2 flojet pumps this week. The first one wasn't sucking up the chemicals so I took off the hoses to it to see if there was a clog which there wasn't. It seemed to have lost its prime and it just wouldn't suck.

So I bought another one from Northern and had it shipped second day because I needed it for another job. In between I used the x-jet but I still would rather have my Flojets for distributing Strippers.

So what happens?? The new Flojet got the same problem as the first one after only 4 hrs of use. I was pissed.

Even though I bought the extended warranty for this new Flojet I would still rather fix it myself so It can be used immediately.

Does anyone know how to fix these pumps so they can suck again?? Is there a manual I could buy that explains how to fix them and where can you buy parts for these pumps??

Thanks

are you 100% sure you got the right pump[seal's] for the job at hand?[viton seal's]

Second is try this little trick that someone here told me about.

Get a fuel line from a outboard motor. The kind that has the bulb on it. Use that as the feed line so you can prime the pump.

Second is mess with the little allen screw at the end of the pump.

Im sure they are getting air bound,try the bulb thing first.

unscrew the four screws that hold the head on and check the check valves in the pump head it probably picked up trash in it. If it did it wont prime. it doesnt hurt to pull them apart and check them every once in awhile eliminates problems at the job site.