Sign in to follow this  
Camelot

Oh Boy I need help Part 2

Question

Here are some pictures of the screens in question. They are 7 years old and the home owner told me he had a cat a while back and that sometimes it perched on the windowsill and leaned against the screens. He wants them replaced (5 or 6) as the home is on the market and he's sure the inspector will make him replace the screens. The torn screen is the worst...the rest have discolored spots with small tears in the center of the spots. There is no rhyme or reason as to which ones are facing the sun or not...very strange. Any advice? Thanks so much for any replies...

post-1695-137772161937_thumb.jpg

post-1695-137772162221_thumb.jpg

31 answers to this question

FYI - I met with the homeowner today and explained that I presented the pictures to a group of professionals that I belong to. I explained my theory on the cat claws and the nylon screen. I also told him while I didn't believe that I was the CAUSE of the problem, that during the course of using fantastic cleaning methods and products, his screens were cleaned like they should have been and the white spots were stress areas from the cat claws. He saw the logic and agreed that this was probably the case. As a gesture of good faith, I offered him $50 towards fixing the screens and gave him the name of a local hardware store that would help him have them done. He was very agreeable and we both walked away feeling good about what we had done. Thank you all so much for your helpful insights and suggestions. I was truly in a pickle and you all helped me out of it! Thanks again.

:lgkick:

Hey great news! Congrats on being a pro and dealing with this in a way that the owner was agreeable to.

Just didn't look like PW damage to me.