Sign in to follow this  
Guest rfitz

Decks, Actual Sq. Feet

Question

Guest rfitz

Im not sure, but maybe we are short changing ourselves on the sq feet of decks, I hear a couple methods of measuring sq ft, now the floor is a no brainer, but the railing, is more unique, I was measuring height X Width adding in the band board under neath, so far example, a side of a deck that is 3 ft high and 10 feet long i would figure with the band board under neath

4X10 = 40 sq ft and charge accordingly... WRONG, or I hear other people charge by linear ft or running ft, either way, I am not accounting for every sq inch of the rails, in fact on that rail I was charging for 40 sq ft there was actually 98 sq ft of wood surface that needs cleaning, staining, so a friend of mine gave me this idea, I tried it, and it works great and is super fast and accurate, just count the # of spindles and multiply by 3 and that will give you your total sq ft, just remember, your prices will start going way up, and I mean of almost doubling, at least now I will be able to account for all my material...

Hope This Helps

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet