Sign in to follow this  
awshucks

First Residential Job...

Hey all...have been reading the postings with interest, and was looking for some input here.

Our location is in Northern LA county, at the edge of the Mojave Desert. Have just started up here, and passed out 100 or so flyers with only 1 response to date. Pretty typical from what I read... 1-2% response.

On the flyers I listed prices based on square foot of house, rather than number of panes. Figured to reward first few clients with a good rate and get word of mouth started.

My quandery is this...it took us 5 hours to do a 2200 sq. ft. home. My son and I, tracks/screens/frames/windows...the whole shebang. Goodly amount of ladder work, plenty of glazing on this house. Of course, the customers were elated at the cost and not really perturbed by the amount of time taken (I would have been). Is this kind of time spent 'normal'? The place had not had windows cleaned in the six years the customer had been there.

I had my boy pulling/washing screens and then cleaning frames/tracks while I took care of exterior and then we both tackled interior. While there were a couple of quality issues I was not satisfied with, the customer was happy.

I know there is a learning curve, just wondering if anyone here can make it a bit less steep? Understand that one shifts from turtle to hare over time, was just surprised at how long the job actually took.

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

John D.

Ceaseless City Cleaning

661-874-7532