Sign in to follow this  
Fredneck

Man that's steep!!!! Boomlift?

Question

We just got job in Deep Creek Lake with a roof pitch of 12 deg. there is no way we are walking it! It is just this one side( I will attach pic)We are thinking about using a boomlift to get the right angle. Would any of you do this differently?

And what would you have charged?[ATTACH]5419[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5420[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5421[/ATTACH]

post-1967-137772163744_thumb.jpg

post-1967-137772163747_thumb.jpg

post-1967-137772163752_thumb.jpg

36 answers to this question

That'd be the easiest $1000.00/hour I ever made! You'll be fine Xjetting that with some soap for cling...may have to hit it a few times, but for $2000.00, who cares?

My thoughts exactly! For $2000.00 I'd even thow in the other side and gutter cleaning for no charge. Good job!! Be sure and post the after pic's and some in process if you can.

$2,000........Holy crap how did you sell that one? Nice job.

Well based on the pitch and travel distance......it was one of those let me over bid it and see if they bite...if not oh well. Well when I told them the price they said "yeah, that's what we thought it would cost" so I couldnt turn it down at that point.

Well based on the pitch and travel distance......it was one of those let me over bid it and see if they bite...if not oh well. Well when I told them the price they said "yeah, that's what we thought it would cost" so I couldnt turn it down at that point.

Plus I always mention the cost to replace the roof verses cleaning it and that usually sells them....as you all know most of the homeowners out there dont know that some things are easy to just clean these days.

-harness & ropes for highest level

-10 foot A frame ladder to stand on

-0 dgree soap tip on the end of SF/FJ..

-lots and lots of love (due to the zero tip the whole clean)

-my area that is a 1500 to 1800 dollar roof and 9 out of 10 guys cant do it.

after looking at the pics again you better bring your harness and ropes no matter what eqpt you are shooting with

shooting roof strength love that high in the air is a bad idea imo

I keep going back to the pics...and the more I look at them the more I say it is a boom job.

I dont think I would walk it now for 2k. Don is right about not bieng blinded by the dollar..that is a mean roof!!

I keep going back to the pics...and the more I look at them the more I say it is a boom job.

I dont think I would walk it now for 2k. Don is right about not bieng blinded by the dollar..that is a mean roof!!

Well luckily a close friend of mine works for an equipment rental co. I think he said a boom should be around 300-400, and he will come up to operate it for us. Not bad I say for safety sake! That will still give us a good profit margin....and yes, I agree.. it is a "mean roof"

yea, I don't get it...Being this is an asphalt roof you don't want pressure anyways.. is that correct?..just strong chlorine and a tad soap right? Seems to me (roof novice) the need to get up there via walking or a lift is just for the show to make it look like ya earned yer fee.... good deal ...

By the way, do any of you have a hard time walking away from doing the gutters or whole house out of pride?...By looking at that close up pic I'd find myself real itchy to just hit the whole thing..

Walking on 12/12 pitch roofs - and one guy doing it with snow on it? That's just plain crazy, I have done a few roofs myself - and I don't consider 12 pitch rooves to be walkable. Do what I do, put a hook-over on your ladder, hook it over the ridge and then work from that ladder. then climb to the ridge to move it around. You can't walk a 12 pitch roof, especially if it's wet - no way.

-Dan

Walking on 12/12 pitch roofs - and one guy doing it with snow on it? That's just plain crazy, I have done a few roofs myself - and I don't consider 12 pitch rooves to be walkable. Do what I do, put a hook-over on your ladder, hook it over the ridge and then work from that ladder. then climb to the ridge to move it around. You can't walk a 12 pitch roof, especially if it's wet - no way.

-Dan

Thats the exact way I do all my roofs that aren't walkable great profit margin on those 12 pitches, now a 12 pitch cedar roof thats a different story...