Sign in to follow this  
John Doherty

House Wash

Question

I've never done a house wash before so this may seem like a dumb question. If you have the right chem mix do you even need a p/w? Couldn't you apply chem mixed w/water with a shurflow, and rinse with a garden hose? Or is it that you couldn't get the distance (height) or coverage to get the whole house?

38 answers to this question

Tim,

Thanks for all the info, how do you think you do time wise compared to pressure washing?

JD

I THINK WE SOFTWASH HOUSES IN ABOUT THE SAME TIME, YOU WOULD BE SURPRISED AT HOW EFFICIENT YOU CAN BE WITH THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT. WHEN WE FINISH OUR NEW TRUCK WE WILL BE EVEN FASTER.

post-2095-137772166811_thumb.jpg

hey tim,

great rig! got a question about your concrete drive cleaning...do you use any chems or do you just use the water pressure to do the job? thanks in advance.

rando

LONG TIME NO TALK, MOST OF THE TIME WE WILL PREP AND LET SIT WHILE WE ARE DOING SOMETHING ELSE. WE WILL ALSO APPLY AFTER WHEN NECESSARY WITH INCREDIBLE RESULTS. THIS ONE AS YOU CAN SEE (COLOR) WAS TREATED BEFORE. THIS APPLICATION PLUS 8GPMS AND OUR 36" ALLOWED US TO TRIM, CLEAN, & RINSE THIS DRIVE & WALK IN ABOUT 15 OR SO MINUTES. IT ALL DEPENDS ON HOW BAD IT IS AS TO WHAT RATIOS WE GO WITH. THREE PASSES AND IT'S TIME TO REEL UP AND HEAD TO THE NEXT ONE.

post-2095-137772166924_thumb.jpg

post-2095-137772166929_thumb.jpg

great work tim as expected,

are you using your special house/roof wash to also do the drive or is there another secret herbs and spices formula?

thanks,

rando

BLEACH (S/H) AND A WETTING AGENT WILL WORK FINE WHEN MIXED PROPERLY. I ALWAYS MAKE SURE TO SOAK IT DOWN GOOD!

I hope to own a rig like that someday. That is just badass brother!

Would you consider a 5.5 gpm machine with a dedicated chem pump at 4gpm 80psi "softwashing"?

I use 2510 to 2520 on my houses after I apply my mix.That cant be much more than 700 or 800 psi (2520)?

I sometimes work with a buddy and he has a 17 gpm 400ish psi pump. The gpm is unreal but he applies chem with a flojet and rinses with the big pump. Seems like less labor about the same time to complete.

Great idea with the Y! My little 5.5 was starved today on two houses. I can see the hose collapsing and my k7 was screaming in pain when I let off the trigger:(

I would say 2-3 outta every 10 houses water is too low here in tampa.

I hope to own a rig like that someday. That is just badass brother!

Would you consider a 5.5 gpm machine with a dedicated chem pump at 4gpm 80psi "softwashing"?

I use 2510 to 2520 on my houses after I apply my mix.That cant be much more than 700 or 800 psi (2520)?

I sometimes work with a buddy and he has a 17 gpm 400ish psi pump. The gpm is unreal but he applies chem with a flojet and rinses with the big pump. Seems like less labor about the same time to complete.

Great idea with the Y! My little 5.5 was starved today on two houses. I can see the hose collapsing and my k7 was screaming in pain when I let off the trigger:(

I would say 2-3 outta every 10 houses water is too low here in tampa.

WE DON'T USE WASHERS AT ALL IN OUR SOFTWASH RIGS. 17GPM IS HARD TO KEEP UP WITH, AWESOME, BUT NOT REAL PRACTICAL FOR APPLY AND RINSE. I THINK YOU WOULD BLOW THROUGH SOME CHEMS FAST. WE APPLY AND RINSE WITH THE SAME LINE, SAVING TIME. I PUT MY ROOF CHEMS ON AS LIGHTLY AS POSSIBLE, I WANT OUR CHEMS ON THE ROOF NOT ON THE SHRUBS AND THINGS BELOW. I ALSO "THICKEN" UP MY ROOF MIXES TO SLOW THE FLOW OFF THE ROOF AND HELP THE ACTIVE CHEMS PENITRATE THE ALGAE AND FUNGUS. I ALSO RUN K-7'S ON OUR WASHERS. 5.5 IS A GREAT GPM BECAUSE YOU SHOULDN'T WORRY TOO MUCH WITH SUPPLY. I AM GOING AFTER THE 10GPM GENERAL WHEN WE GET OUR TRUCK READY. I MAY HAVE TO GO TO 1/2" HOSE THOUGH. I HEAR OF GUYS FLOWING 20+ @ 2500+ THAT'S SOME SERIOUS SPEED PUSHING 36" SURFACE CLEANERS.

http://waterresearchusa.com

hey time,

you say that you "thicken" up your wash. what are you using? i am considering buying some barlox but it is kind of pricey. what do you recommend?

thanks,

rando

MAKE IT SOAPY, RANDO!