Sign in to follow this  
Buckeye

Concrete Surface Cleaning Question

Question

I landed a job where the customer would like me to come back monthly for cleaning. My question concerns the concrete. She has over 4300sq ft of concrete surface area. Can I continue to clean it monthly with my surface cleaner at 4000psi and not damage the concrete? Won't I eventually keep slowly eating away at the concrete? I surely do not want to replace 4300sq ft of concrete at my expense.

Newbie seeking assistance..!

Thanks in advance.

Chris

4 answers to this question

Depending on the condition of the concrete when you return you may be able to apply a mild detergent or brightner and rinse. I dont know that I would be that concerned about damaging the concrete. You can always get an extra set of spray tips that are a little larger and that will drop your pressure making your surface cleaner less agressive.

How do you figure the nozzle size for a surface cleaner since there is two nozzles? If I'm running a 4gpm unit and I want x amount of psi at the tips, do I get two of the proper sized nozzles for a 2gpm unit?

Sorry for the hijack Chris.

I do not do a lot of flat work. I have a buddy that does and he does exactly what Paul said. He will clean with the a hot no brainer real good and then he rinses with detergents and brightners like Paul said the next month he services the acct.