Sign in to follow this  
mas3372

Myrtle Beach Golf

Question

Hello,

I am planning my vacation with the guys for the end of October. I have been to myrtle beach once last year and loved it. We played longbay, man o war, crows creek, and bay tree.

This year I am considering

Witch

Wizard

Kings North

Possum Trot

Farmstead and

Aberdeen

Does anyone out there have any courses they recommend or think any of the above are not worth it.

Also, I used myrtlebeachtravel.com last time to book, anyone know of another booking agency.

Perhaps Jeff, the myrtle beach king of power washing will chime in. I may stop by and have you power wash my clubs between rounds.

thanks, Mike

16 answers to this question

I've played Aberdeen several times and always enjoy it. Aberdeen and Long Bay are owned by the same corporation. Waterway Hills is also in the group. I know these courses because an uncle works for them and I get to play them for free. Which was a good thing while learning to keep the ball in play.

October is a good time to play. I haven't been playing as much as I like to because it's been pretty warm.

Myrtle Beach in the spring is a great place for a roundtable.

Thanks for the info RC, Perhaps since they are owned by them same, I may be able to get the half play rate if I play two in the same day.

I played last april and it was very nice, I am excited to see it in the fall now.

Mike.

Mystical Golf (cheesy name, right) runs The Witch, Wizard, and ManOWar. ManOWar is my least favorite track. The Wizard is a great and fun course, it's next to ManOWar up off 501 going towards Conway. The Witch is another great course and reasonable and it's on 544 between Surfside and 501. I know the greens keeper and can play for freebie.

As a heads up, The Masters means an entirely different thing in Myrtle Beach;)

/neil

Get the new Golf digest or the 'other golf' magazine. They have the top 100 courses you can play. Myrtle has 4 of them. If you're really into Golf they would be must plays in my book. (the cover of the magazine is the hybrid club touting four shots with the club, sept. 06 issue)

I'll be doing that at Easter next year!

Hello,

I am planning my vacation with the guys for the end of October. I have been to myrtle beach once last year and loved it. We played longbay, man o war, crows creek, and bay tree.

This year I am considering

Witch

Wizard

Kings North

Possum Trot

Farmstead and

Aberdeen

Does anyone out there have any courses they recommend or think any of the above are not worth it.

Also, I used myrtlebeachtravel.com last time to book, anyone know of another booking agency.

Perhaps Jeff, the myrtle beach king of power washing will chime in. I may stop by and have you power wash my clubs between rounds.

thanks, Mike

Hey Mike I'm not a golfer but I had some Friends in a few months ago and the played the Grande Dunes course and said it was fantastic, great course & service they said.

Give me a call when you get in I'll put you to work lol

Give me a call if you have time

JL

grande dunes, true blue, and caledonia are some of the most expensive around.

one of my buds is the superintendent at Wicked Stick. it looks nice.

funny thing is I grew up in Pinehurst, NC, worked for the country club there(could have played #2 for free), and now live in myrtle beach and I am not a golfer.

one thing to keep in mind is where you are staying in relation to the courses you are playing, for example Aberdeen and Caledonia are an hour apart. I would not want to go on vacation and drive an hour to go play golf. If you stay in myrtle beach you could hit the north and south strand courses without much drive time.

Thanks everyone,

I am staying in North Myrtle Beach and I think my courses will be

The Witch

tidewater

possom trot

farmstead

heather glen

aberdeen

I think, I could always change my mind AGAIN.

Kind of out of the area..not too far, but my pick would have to be kiawa island.

I was a golf pro for 9 years and played many tournaments as a junior in the carolinas.

Nothing can hold a candle to kiawa island. If you can make it down that far do it.

Thanks everyone,

I am staying in North Myrtle Beach and I think my courses will be

The Witch

tidewater

possom trot

farmstead

heather glen

aberdeen

I think, I could always change my mind AGAIN.

If you are staying in nmb that would suit you because all of these are north courses. hope you have a good time. give jeff and I a call maybe we can get together for a cold one.