Sign in to follow this  
CCHSNC

Shur-Flo set up

I just picked up a 120psi (115v) pump and a 15gal tank. Can some one lead me in the direction of the best way to assemble this thing? I can't get up with the place I ordered it from for help so I could really use some. I have a job I need it for next week.

Start with a two wheeled dolly, some 12 gauge wire, a spst switch, some 3/8 tubing, hose barbs, and clamps.

Having access to welding equipment is really the best way to fab everything up, but I suppose some bungee cords and clamps could work in a pinch.

I'll post a picture of mine, but remember, it's a 12v unit, so yours will not require the battery.

Try drawing a diagram of how you visualize everything should go together, then build it from that.

good luck.

How often do you have to charge the battery?

What typye of gun do you use?

To what height can you get chemicals with your set up?

What kind of hose?

This is something we are thinking about adding to our rig,we would be using it for mainly spraying house wash.I really like the way you have everything mounted on the dolly.Looks simple and effective.

Tony,

What is a spst switch? Is it an on/off switch or does it regulate pressure? Either way I think I will need to have both. Do you use a filter on the inlet? I will be using this set up to spray product onto cedar roofs so my line will be around 150-200 feet. I was able to pick up some 3/8 line from the place that I got the tank and pump from. When I bought this stuff they told me to call and they will walk me through setting it up...well guess who hasn't returned any of my calls:rolleyes: Thanks for any input you may have.

SPST = single pole single throw. A standard on/off switch, although I use a marine grade to resist corrosion and water intrusion. I have soldered all the connections, and enclosed the wire in plastic wire looms where possible for added protection.

I have a standard pressure wash gun attached with a 12" lance and a 25 degree tip. The hose is connected to it via a quick connect, so I could attach an extension pole of any length, and spray as high as the pole is long.

I am using a large deep cycle marine battery. It is very heavy, but holds a charge a long time. I've done 16 9x15 decks and still have plenty of charge in the battery....and that's spraying stripper and brightener.

I've got the rig prepped for another pump. That way, two people could be spraying at a time, either the same chem, or different chems. That is why I chose such a large battery.

It took a fair amount of fabrication and welding to put this rig together, although it does not look like that from the photo.

I have a stainless steel filter attached to the hose that drops into the bucket.

The hose is 3/8" rubber airline hose, 50 feet long.

My pump is 60psi at 1.4gpm. I don't know how it would work with 150-200 feet of hose. My gut feeling is that 100+ psi would be more appropriate for such a hose length.

It cost about $200 including the battery to build this rig, but worth every penny. I used to use a pump up sprayer to apply chems, and this is at least ten times faster.

It is important to rinse the hose and pump out with clear water after every use....before storing.

Any other questions???