Sign in to follow this  
Chappy

question on moving a skid

Picking up a used skid unit tomorrow and I have a question. is the eyelet on top of the burner used for lifting unit?

It looks like thats what its there for but Ive been afraid Ill damage it without strapping up the frame to the lift. it would be much easier to hook it to the eyelet if its ok.

John, I tip my trailer back and use a wench that I bought at Walmart and it pulls it right up on the trailer for me. I'm guessing you didn't buy it from ameritech or they would have done it for you. Call me If you need anything

Vlad posted an ad he saw for one for sale in Ft Meyers. I called the guy withing 15minutes of seeing it and sealed the deal. Theres guys waiting if I dont show up. 8gpm pressure pro skid, 350gal tank, hose reel with 250ft of hose. 10hours on all for $3500. If I could have rented the engine hoist on saturday evening, I would have been there sunday, but hes holding it till tuesday. Everyone Ive talked to says the PP skids are good so I figured at that price, i cant loose even if there a few problems.

Ive had nothing but problems with the APW skid I got. Itll be for sale once I clean it up and clean the coils. Ive replaced just about every minor part on it. Its finally running good, but i wanted bigger. just didnt want to shell out 6 grand.

John, I tip my trailer back and use a wench that I bought at Walmart and it pulls it right up on the trailer for me. I'm guessing you didn't buy it from ameritech or they would have done it for you. Call me If you need anything

So their called a skid cause ya slide them? hehe..

Don't they all pretty much have slots for forklift or pallet jack insertion these days?

ps/ Kory, one time I forgot to hook my trailer up and one of my mobile machine popped the trailer tounge up so violently that I almost lost body parts. Was purley a redneck photo op with the equipment all high centered, trailer pointed to the sky and I on my arse..LMAO:lgbounces

I did the same thing once when i had a 4x8 trailer.

slots work great if you have access to a pallet jack or forklift. anyone has access to engine hoist at a local rental place. may not be an easy move but it works.

You may want to ratchet strap two 4x4's on the bottom underneath the shelf the tanks usually sit on. This way the posts are 6 inches off the ground and you can get a hand under them.Then lift one side up and twist or drag onto trailer,then you can push or come-along the rest of the weight up onto trailer.

With the posts you won't be fighting all that weight in a confined area, it will spread out over the post length.It will also let two lift at the same time.

I cringed when I saw you question cuz I nearly popped my eye hook off and, had no load on it just checking to see if it was rated for lifting.

Two inches up it started giving so I let off real quick.

Just an idea

Scott

Jon,

Save yourself any problems and rent an engine hoist from a local rental shop. They cost maybe $30 to rent and it will not only save

your back, but also minimize any damage you do to your new machine.

Jon,

Save yourself any problems and rent an engine hoist from a local rental shop. They cost maybe $30 to rent and it will not only save

your back, but also minimize any damage you do to your new machine.

guese I didnt say I was already doin that. the PP skids are pretty high so it was a pain, but still worked well. they have eyelets welded to frame on top. tow strap through the eylets, around bottom of frame then through the other eyelet.