Sign in to follow this  
Keth

Downstreamer Poll - Vote now!

Downstreamers! What do you do.......  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Downstreamers! What do you do.......

• Dual lance wand changing high/low nozzles as needed?
    • Roll over nozzle holder
    • Single wand changing nozzles as needed
    • Multiple wands - each with a different nozzle
    • Other

Question

For those of you that downstream what is your preferred method at the gun end to adjust for height and other variables?

Vote now!

26 answers to this question

Guest Danebob

Interesting pole! I'v always been interested in what people do as well. Have a good one.

I am thinking that two roll over nozzle holders might be quite efficient.

Single wand with a QC coupler on the end.

Both roll over nozzle holders have QC plugs on the inlet side.

One has a 0040 for high soaping and and 2540 for low soaping.

The other one has a 0020 for high rinsing and a 4010 for low rinsing.

Obviously the nozzle combos would be personal preference but you get the idea.

If you had a special situation you just pull out a single nozzle, disconnect your roll over and pop it on. I wear one of those Lowe's aprons and it has a few nozzles in it, easier to get at than digging in the pockets.

Guest Danebob

sound good to me. You know what i have a rubber nozzle holder that lides onto my wand. So i can keep all my nozzles right there on the wand w/o reaching in a pocket or bag. It come with some personal DIY units but i contacted the makers and am going to order another for a buddy o mine. Whatever works right. Later man.

sound good to me. You know what i have a rubber nozzle holder that lides onto my wand. So i can keep all my nozzles right there on the wand w/o reaching in a pocket or bag. It come with some personal DIY units but i contacted the makers and am going to order another for a buddy o mine. Whatever works right. Later man.

You mean one like this?

http://www.pressuretek.com/nozzledisk.html

:lgbounces

Tips and rollover nozzles. Rollovers have High soap and rinse in one and low soap and rinse. Not two soap tips in one etc.

Dan,

Interesting. Curious why you wouldin't want high and low soap in one. I would think that being able to soap a whole side without switching rollovers would be more effiicient? I must be missing something.

Keth

Since I work with a helper, I just have him/her turn off the chem flow and rinse with same tip as I shoot chem with 0030 or 0040. Mostly because I don't like to use the amount of pressure that it takes to stop chem draw on the vinyl.

Also, the helper is great for keeping hose from getting caught up or tearing up lanscaping lights etc.

Flat work... I just use the dual wand with a high pressure tip and high flow wide angle tip for chem application.

Keth, Because at least for me A 2540 and a 2510 are what I use the majority of time.(single story) If you have high and low soap on one nozzle, you always have to change to rinse and don't use the 0030 very often. I actually usually carry 4-5 tips but I do have a rollover.

See if you can see this pic of a little Troybilt. On the wand is a rubber spray tip hoder. The tips just snap in there ready for use when needed. Its not bulky or in the way. So i'm trying to order one seperatly.

That aint a bad idea I would just be scared that over time the snapping in and out would loosen it up and wouldnt hold well. Then youd lose tips.

I know a company around here that has made is in the works to sell a dual lance wand that you can put your low pressure soap drawing tip in say a 0060 and loosen the handle to draw your soap. To rinse and quite drawing chem all you do is twist the handle the other way (leaving the low pressure tip in). It is very cool. No more walking to the trailer to flip a knob or changing tips. I offered them $200 for one but they said no because all the kinks arnt all worked out.

I use a single QC wand and just change nozzles. I wear a cheap 2 pocket nail apron, rinse tips in one side-soap tips in the other. Normally I carry two rinse and two soap nozzles. It's really much easier and faster than it sounds. I love downstreaming but......

why do I have a feeling that a hard core xjetter is going to chime in and say "what a PITA"......lol

I know a company around here that has made is in the works to sell a dual lance wand that you can put your low pressure soap drawing tip in say a 0060 and loosen the handle to draw your soap. To rinse and quite drawing chem all you do is twist the handle the other way (leaving the low pressure tip in). It is very cool. No more walking to the trailer to flip a knob or changing tips. I offered them $200 for one but they said no because all the kinks arnt all worked out.

Like this one

http://pressuretek.com/sustwsiha.html

I have a dual lance like this one that came with my unit, but I don't use it to wash houses because it's too heavy and bulky, and only 3' long. I like a light weight 4' wand for houses.

No it is not like a regular dual lance.

You leave the low pressure chem drawing tip in the wand and you leave it there. You twist the handle to draw chems and shut them off. No switching tips at all.

No it is not like a regular dual lance.

You leave the low pressure chem drawing tip in the wand and you leave it there. You twist the handle to draw chems and shut them off. No switching tips at all.

That's the way my Suttner Dual Lance works. One tip is high pressure the other low. Is your's different in some way and what do you do when you need to put a shooter soap or rinse tip in for second floors?

No it is not like your Suttner or any other dual lance wand.

This one has been worked over and replumbed so that you can always leave your soap tip in wheter it be a fan or shooter tip it stays in the lance. You twist the handle one way and it draws chem, twist it the other way and it cuts the chem draw off with the soap tip still in the lance.

So you can always leave your soap tip in it and draw soap or not draw soap without swicthing nozzles, or walking back to your trailer. It is all done with the soap tip in and by twisting the handle.

I hope this makes sense. It is an awesome wand if they sell me one I will post pics because I am sure noone understands what I am saying(typing).

And no it is not like a regular dual wand

No it is not like your Suttner or any other dual lance wand.

This one has been worked over and replumbed so that you can always leave your soap tip in wheter it be a fan or shooter tip it stays in the lance. You twist the handle one way and it draws chem, twist it the other way and it cuts the chem draw off with the soap tip still in the lance.

So you can always leave your soap tip in it and draw soap or not draw soap without swicthing nozzles, or walking back to your trailer. It is all done with the soap tip in and by twisting the handle.

I hope this makes sense. It is an awesome wand if they sell me one I will post pics because I am sure noone understands what I am saying(typing).

And no it is not like a regular dual wand

Interesting. I would love to see some pics because that is exactly how my dual lance works so perhaps I am missing something. My soap tip always stays on. The only thing I wish it did was cut off the high pressure nozzle completely when I unscrew the handle to feed the soap tip. Keep us posted.

Ok here we go one last time.

The wand was at one time just like all the other dual lance wands out there but it has been replumbed so there is only ONE nozzle at the tip. There are still dual lances going from the twist handle but they get T'd together.In the quick connect you put your shooter tip and twist the handle to draw and shut off the flow of chem just by twisting the handle. You can shut the flow of chem from your downstreamer off by twisting the handle while having you shooter in the QC at then end of the lance. There is only one tip at the end of the lance.

There are trying to patent it before they sell it so pics will be a ways off I am sure.

I keep it simple. A dual lance wand with 3 tips. A 60 degree soap tip for the bottom of houses up to about 12' and a shooter tip for from 12' to 35' to apply soap. And my M5 to rinse everything with. I wear cargo shorts, my cell phone in the right pocket and the tips in the left.

Keth, Because at least for me A 2540 and a 2510 are what I use the majority of time.(single story) If you have high and low soap on one nozzle, you always have to change to rinse and don't use the 0030 very often. I actually usually carry 4-5 tips but I do have a rollover.

That makes perfect sense Dan. Thanks for adding to the thread. Learning a lot here.

Why walk to the trailer to switch tips. I carry the tips that I think I'll need in my pocket. Just my .02 cent worth

Yup, what Mel said. Pockets ar well worth the extra cost.

ISYHTRAH