Sign in to follow this  
grizzley

Unloaders

I am getting ready to replace an unloader on a Landra PGDC and after reading several opinions, I am thinking about the Zk1 since it is flow and will be easier on the entire system. I have a HydroTec that has a flow unloader and it is TOUCHY. At times, it won't flow ANYTHING, but other times it flows max pressure within 2-3 seconds. Hopefully this isn't normal to be so sensitive.

As far as flow unloaders, is the Zk1 one of the best ones?

I have found them for $57.55 (new with warranty); is there a better place to buy them?

Chris,

Your Hydro Tek probably has a K7 on it... here's a little trick. Remove the bottom cover ( 13 mm head bolts), pull the piston out, and remove the spring underneath. Stretch the spring a little, but evenly. Grease the rubber cup on the piston and reassemble it. Should hit every time.

Chris,

Your Hydro Tek probably has a K7 on it... here's a little trick. Remove the bottom cover ( 13 mm head bolts), pull the piston out, and remove the spring underneath. Stretch the spring a little, but evenly. Grease the rubber cup on the piston and reassemble it. Should hit every time.

Rus

Please tell me why you suggest this? Is it for the K7 only?

I have just purchased some ZK1's - for my trailer mounted washer.

I also have a 3000psi cold water (faucet fed) Shark mobile unit with a belt driven general pump - can I fit a ZK1 to that unit as well?

Rob

Stretching the spring increases the closing pressure of the bypass valve (nothing to do with operating pressure), snapping it closed faster when the flow starts. The ZK1 is a completely different design. It does not have this spring in it.