Sign in to follow this  
Dan Stapleton

Hey Ken, Woodrich questions

Question

Ken,

Is Woodrich easier to apply then Wood Tux? Is it as viscous? Some of the issues with lap marks, drying, sheen etc. concern me as I have my first deck stain coming up Tuesday. I've decided to scrap the pump-up and roll then back pad. What size, type roller cover would you recommend? I'm assuming a roller will allow more stain per dip and the pad will even out the roller marks. Is it better to roll, back pad in sections or roll it all then back pad? I have the shoe coverings. Forgive the rookie questions, I will appreciate your thoughts and experience. Dan

27 answers to this question

Dan, Ken is pretty much right on the money with the Woodrich. I've used probably 60-75 gallons of it. You will have to apply more stain with Woodrich compared to Wood Tux. Just soak the wood, and make sure there's no puddles. And wait a while, it's according to the temp where you're at, and then if there's any shiny's wipe them off with a rag, if needed soaked in mineral spirits, before they dry. I don't know how old the deck is you're doing. If it's pretty old like 10 or so. I would mix the Rich and Tux together to thicken it up some or just go with straight Tux. If you don't it will take a lot more of the Rich to fill the wood up. I think the Woodrich by itself works great on newer decks. I've used both the Shurline and PADCO pads, the padco's are a lot better. I'll never use the Shurline's again.