Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

What a deal

Question

I always love this biz but some days more than others. I tell a lot of my experiences so others can see what a great biz this is and what good things can come from developing a good working relationship with customers. I'm know sales guru, but honesty & sincerity can help grow your reputation and then your biz

I gave a large retail property a price to do a rush job on some concrete cleaning yesterday. I've done quite a bit of work for this property over the past 3 years, my price was $800. He said OK but charge $1600 and do a great job COOLLLLLLLLLL my rate was $.10 now its $.20. Like I said I love this biz.

Last week I went to bid a project and it was for a PM that I work for all the time. Its a very easy project it is small breezeways on 2 story condos each building, which theres 20 buildings with more being built, the property is still under the developers control. I figured $100 each breezeway they would take no more than 30-40 minutes each with set up all vinyl walls, railings etc, just basically constrution dust. I called PM to give price and he said they were figuring about $200 each , can I come within that price? SURE CAN, we got them all for $195 each. Like I said love this biz. I like when a PM gives me a heads up on pricing

Good relationships with your PM's make a difference. I've heard some people say in the past PM's dont care about anything or anyone. I've always said thats false. These guys didnt have to give me this extra $$$$, they wanted to and I figure ( I know) its because of our quality of work and always being there when they need us. Almost all my PM's know we are the hassle free contractor and thats what they want

Love this biz

JL

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet