Sign in to follow this  
Rfitz

2 Different stains..??

Question

I primarily use 2 products to stain and seal wood with, 1 is Ready Seal and the other is Wood Defender, this is what I have found after several hundred decks, Wood Defender claims to have double the solids than Ready Seal, if this the case, wouldnt the stain last alot longer especially with a hint of acrylic in it as well not much maybe 1%, the problem I was having with Ready Seal was customers last year and beyond were complaining that with Ready seal, their deck was staying oily on the surface for months on end like when they tried and set their hands on the rail they would get a oily residue on their hands and this was months after I sealed them, but even months later the color on dropped by maybe 10-15% after I applied the second coat..

The problem I am having with wood defender is the color looks as though it is fading 30-40% even after only a month, not so much on the horizontals but especially on the verticles, the horizontals though were still lighter by say 25-30% even after 1-2 months anybody out there have this same experience with wood defender..?

THX

1 answer to this question