Sign in to follow this  
John T

Trailer Tongue Boxes

I'm looking to purchase a trailer tongue Box like this one http://www.americanvan.com/catalog/standard_huge_split.cfm?FamilyID=302

The only problem is that I want to store my gas cans in there. I'm thinking that this can't be done because the trailer Box is completely enclosed. Somewhere on this bb or another one some one posted a picture of there Tongue Box on there trailer that was like a cage. This is what I want so I like they did can store Gas cans in there and also lock up the Box. Does anyone know where I can purchase a caged Tongue box??

Thanks

John you may want to check with a local trailer company. I know here in GA there are companies that sell the cages for landscapers to add to their trailer if they dont have one. They are mounted over the front of the trailer not the tongue. But if a company makes those I dont see why they wouldnt make the tongue ones. I need to call the trailer guy today to see about getting my sides closed in with the expandable metal like whats on the gate. I'll ask when I call and post if I get a lead.

John,

Those boxes are a piece of cake for any competent welder. Just find a local welder and they can put one on and weld it to the tounge as well. Very secure.