Sign in to follow this  
One Tough Pressure

Large Hot Washers

The only problem about that machine is that it looks like it can only keep 5.5 gallons hot. I like mine better because I can keep both my 5.5 gallons hot or have the whole 11gpm hot. THat one burner on that machine could not be able to keep 11gpm hot enough. Also when doing sidewalks on my machine you could have two guys using 5.5 gpm Surface machines or both guys popping gum at 5.5gpm with 15 degree tips all with 200+ degree water. This other machine can't do that but then again its a much cheaper machine and you get what you paid for. For the money though its a nice set-up

ALLAN DID YOU GET MY EMAIL????

I'll probably be in the market next year for a new unit. I'm looking at a Hydrotek or Pressure Pro 8GPM right now, but I have a question.

In terms of GPM, what is the point of diminishing returns? 6GPM, 8GPM, 10GPM...

I'm a one man operation and do residential flatwork, houses and roofs mostly.

Oh, OK two questions.

Would it be more economical to buy the parts (engine, pump, hot box, plumbing, etc...) and put it all together myself or buy a retail skid?

Thanks...

Just heard from a dealer that Alkota has 10 @3000 skid on the market now. It's big 72l x 48w x70h, 2200lbs. Only has a 125 temp rise so that might now be to good for some applications.

7,999.99???? ok, I would rather it be belt driven though. I imagine the pumps are getting a good working with those engines.

I have had lots of experence with the large Hydro Tek units and have found them to be reliable and easy to work on . I have worked on a few silver eagles and they are not easy to repair. They are a great unit but that to me is a major drawback . I rent a 3008KAF 300 gallon 2 gun Hydro Tek , try it before you buy it .

The machine is built not to break , I say this because as a propain unit it has to be un plumed then yuo can take off the control board. Now that you have it off you test the electronics and other stuff but you can not run it ? Because it is apart , so put it back together and test it . If you did not get it then you pull it apart and try again . They also have elecrical parts that you can get no where else , and they did not send them very quickly. The last on I worked on they had built for the customer and there was no ground run . On this type unit you need to ground it . It was also on an open trailer so the electrode where a mess . The unit was only 7 months old and already had issues . The customer service guy also told me that a 3/4 feed was all a 10 gpm machine needs I changed it to 1 inch. they also insisted that bypassing back to a 750 gallon tank was not a good idea ? It is a nice machine Johns is really nice but it is a pain to work on .

I am not sold on those propane burners as I have no place to readily get propane except during day time. I would have to have a very big tank to make it work.

I like the diesel power that they use and feel there is plenty of power vs the air cooled that is on most and working so hard.

Hey Tom,

How hot can you make propane burners go?? I have no degree knob on my burners and according to the Silver Eagle Place they said for me to increase the temperature all I have to do is turn the porpane knob higher but to not exceed about 14(PSI or whatever that number stands for on the the propane guage). With that being said I can only get about 175 degree's out of the end of my 200' hose. I'm speculating that maybe I lose about 20 degrees along the length of the hose where I have the temp guage hooked up.

My question is what happens if I raise the propane up to lets say the number 20?? I would think that the burners would burn hotter. I guess I should call Silver eagle and ask them to because they made this set-up but I'm curious as to what your answer would be.

SHould I bring my trailer to you Roundtable??

I run an 8 gpm pump thru a burner that was made for 5 gpm. I am not sure of the exact BTU, but recall it being around 450,000. I have made no adjustments to the burner to increase heat, and it gets plenty hot even with the thermostat set at 160°-180°. Steam clouds roll everywhere and if I crank it all the way up, I can't even see.

If that is what I get from Diesel, then propane must get really hot.

Do you rent it out to people or are you renting it from someone - per week or per month what are the $ ?

I am looking at starting a leasing/ renting business of my clean and recover units and I am interested in this type of opportunity.

Rob