Sign in to follow this  
One Tough Pressure

Vacuum Surfacers

Who is using vacuum surface cleaners? I know of just a few, but figure that there must be more.

I use the Steel Eagle 24" and the 11". On exterior work that requires their use, I can edge with a wand and not have a problem, but on interior work, the sprayback can have some serious bad results.

What are other folks doing to eliminate overspray on interior use?

After I finish a few big jobs that are lined up I was thinking of getting the Sirocco system with the Mosmatic Surface Cleaner. A couple of people said that the Mosmatic is modified to use the Vacuum Recovery and they said it works better than the Steel Eagle. I was thinking about interior work just using sheets of Plexiglass, Lexan or Acrylic to block stuff but it would be easier with a helper. I was also thinking about the Turbo Nozzle shield so the spray will not go too far but with a helper I think they could just follow you and get the water. What do you think?

Alan, I'm seriously considering getting a small one, but not until I absolutely have to. When I get to them to sign on the line that is dotted, then I will make a purchase.

Anthony,

Chem-tex.com has a small one for $399.00 that would do the trick and make life much easier. May not go into the 2000+ pressure range, but you don't need that much either.

I am not sold on the Mosmatic as I have not seen it in action. When I told the guy what I was going to use his vacuum for, he laughed at me and said why would you want to work that way, when you can recover water in other ways? Funny thing, right after that, he comes out with this Mosmatic surfacer that he "modified" to recover. I will stick with the Steel Eagles.

I have a "T" with another gun for edging that I use on occasion with my regular surfacer. I am going to try that set up with the vacuum surfacer and pull both triggers at the same time. Since it will be a three nozzle spray and the vacuum sucking up 2/3's of the water under the cover, it may be the magic trick.