Sign in to follow this  
offduty

burner problems

I vented by oil fired, 115 volt burner out of the top of my enclosed trailer using 8" stove pipe reduced to a 6" vent cap on top. Now I start it up and get serious exhaust build up, to the point that it kicks the reset button. Before venting I had to replace the transformer but never started the machine until I did the venting. Could my problem be with the venting, an injector nozzle, etc. Had to vent it my self because Landa nor any other local vendors would do it, citing liability reasons. Thanks. William Page 919-524-3875

The 6" vent may be causing some restriction. It sounds like to me your blower is going bad causing it to spin slower which would make it burn rich. And the motor is drawing to much amperage which is kicking the reset button.

Hope this helps

Robert

Thanks for the respsonse. I am not trying to lower my pressure any. I guess that the 6 inch pipe could be causing the exhaust problems. Xterior is going to adjust the bands and look over it for me monday. I will let you know what I find out. Thanks

So what ever happened here, did you get it fix...

Tim, Just for arguing about it, Why? What causes it to run sooty or Why would it loose draw on it... To me it does not make sense

Matt

Even though it is a forced draft burner system it still requires proper flow of air in and out in order to burn efficiently.

By restricting the exhaust stack you have effetively impinged the flame causing incomplete combustion and the sooting problem you are seeing.

Always use a vent no smaller than the opening of the machine, larger is OK or even better. This applies to any fuel fired system be it a fireplace or furnace et al.

Hope this helps? Cheers.