Sign in to follow this  
jgoral76

Go Tigers!!!!!!!!

Question

Wow Tigers In The World Series Maglio Ordonez In The Bottom Of The 9th A 3 Run Homer To Win The Game We Did It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 answers to this question

They've made quite a turnaround.

As a Card's fan I'm a little spoiled. I really was hoping that the Cards would just lose the division, rather than dissapoint me in the playoffs again. I figured that if you can't win the World Series, why bother?? I'm surprised they pulled it out against San Diego, now it looks like they actually have a chance against the Mutts. Maybe we'll see Detroit and St. Louis in the Series!

Ditto what Deckguy just said......when we've actually had really "good" teams in the last five years they've flopped. Now we're 2-2 with the Mets after last nights thrashing. I'd love a stl/Detroit World Series..........One thing--I'm tired of playing people that I don't mind losing to. Redsox (2yrs ago) for instance. If I was going to lose a WS, I'd want it to be to the sox. And now we might play Detroit, another deserving, poor, small market team that I'd be honored to lose to. Hate feeling that way. Bring on the Yankees!!!

Ditto what Deckguy just said......when we've actually had really "good" teams in the last five years they've flopped. Now we're 2-2 with the Mets after last nights thrashing. I'd love a stl/Detroit World Series..........One thing--I'm tired of playing people that I don't mind losing to. Redsox (2yrs ago) for instance. If I was going to lose a WS, I'd want it to be to the sox. And now we might play Detroit, another deserving, poor, small market team that I'd be honored to lose to. Hate feeling that way. Bring on the Yankees!!!

ME TOO!

Well, the story ended last night with the Card's as the World Champs!!! I can't believe it.

Sorry to see it end that way for the Tigers though. They were a better team than what they showed over the last few nights.

Jarrod, I know how you must feel. I watched the Packers lose a Super Bowl a few years ago, and I still believe that they were the better team, just not on that night.

I doubt there were any true purist sports fans out there that enjoyed seeing Detroit "lose" the World Series. Rags to Riches, etc. Playing any team other than STL, I'd have been pulling for them as well. But STL earned it. We were a better team in 68' when we got beat by Detroit. I think we had better teams than both KC and Minnesota in 85' and 87' when we lost, and I definitely think we were a better all-around team than the Bosox in 04'......but none of those went our way. We had some good Karma coming as well. And we've been the underdogs......49 out of 50 states picked Detroit to win the WS (guess which one state didn't:)), and gee, think anyone actually wanted the Cardinals to beat Boston?????? ...And people have made a lot of excuses that Detroit "lost" a lot of the games as opposed to STL winning them.....the way I see it, that may have sent some games to extra innings, but Detroit sure wasn't scoring any runs off of our pitching.

....So we are #2 on the list with 10 WS rings!! That puts us, what, 20 rings behind NY???:) If we catch them in my lifetime, I'll die a happy man:) I'm just so happy that the Cards could win another series in my Grandfather's lifetime....I was starting to worry. I'm sure today there are a lot of elderly cardinal fans smiling smiles of contentment and happiness......one more for the road:)

No doubt Jon, our pitchers really performed well. I've always heard that good pitching beats good hitting!

And by the way...is that John Stamos on your avatar??? Who's next, Patrick Swayze??

And people have made a lot of excuses that Detroit "lost" a lot of the games as opposed to STL winning them.....

Cardinals had a lot of what I call "luck". And What I tell my little league team I help coach is "Luck is where preparation and opportunity meet in life."

The Cardinals capitalized on a Detroit mistakes. End of story. That is sets a winner apart from a loser. Two bad teams in the series would have been proven by neither team capitalizing on the other teams mistakes.

What made me really happy is the Cards clinching it at home so the fans could enjoy it.

I lived in the STL area (Illinois side) for a couple of years. My wife is from there,so we were pulling hard for STL the whole month. I was glad to see it.

Scott