Sign in to follow this  
SQUEEKY

PRO-FORCE degreaser

Question

8 answers to this question

John Let Me Tell You I Ordered Some F-13 Gutter Grenade From Pressure Tek... Will Never Look Back. Sprayed On Full Strength On Extremely Dirty Gutters. Rinsed Right Off. Cut It To 10 To 1 Ratio Came Right Off!! My Partner And I Are Completley Stoked About This Product. And Now Have To Figure Out If F-18 Is Better/cheaper Than Hd-80 For Decks..

Try the F-13 at 20:1 it works great for 95% of all gutters at that ratio, I rarely have to mix it stronger, that's about 7oz.'s per gallon. The F-18 works great also, very easy to mix up in cold water. 2 to 3 oz's a gallon will clean the nastiest of decks, while 6 oz.'s to gallon will strip most sealers, with very little fuzzies of the wood, all with mostly 500 psi. I did a log home recently stripped Sikkens 1 & 23 with 8 oz.'s to gallon.

Heavy duty degreaser's are mostly comprised of strong alkali's that react with certain metals and aluminum is the easiest to react with. It will actually foam up on the surface as it begins to eat away at it and etch it badly. Hood cleaners see this on the exhaust fans when they apply high concentrations of Sodium Hydroxide to them for grease cleaning.

Finished aluminum is just as susceptible as the thin layer of paint or coating bonding it onto the surface it not capable of withstanding alkali's. Most have only been done by anodization. (A process of electrolytic action where the metal is the anode point and the paint it is immersed in is the cathode. The current flowing through them causes an electrostatic bond to form.)

Anyway, the paint is quite easy to remove with caustics. For the gutters we can not necessarily remove beforehand due to construction design complications, get spray painted after a strip process to re-coat where the stripper has removed the paint leaving only bare metal.

I hope this helps.

Rod!~