Sign in to follow this  
Don L

The Dow industrials....

Question

Ladies,and (ahem)Gentlemen,

The Dow Jones Industrials hit 12,000.00 for the first time in the history of the index!!!

Amongst the din of the Bush hating shills,this has been overshadowed.

Election time draws near.

Please consider that when taxes are slashed,not hiked...the gov't revenue soars,investment dollars flood the markets,people that generate revenue,keep more of their spoils,spend more of their spoils,might even SAVE!!!!more of their spoils,GIVE MORE OF THEIR ABUNDANCE!!!

Extreme taxation,extreme regulation strangles prosperity!

IMOHO If we give the likes of N.Pelosi,Schumer..etc,ad nausem,control,this prosperity will vanish.They WILL repeal the tax cuts that President Bush is responsible for,they WILL abandon the protection of this country,they WILL enbrace the UN's efforts to overthrow this countries soveringty.If these are things you desire,you'll love it.If these are items that repulse,and disgust you...CRUSH THEM WITH YOUR VOTE!!!

Anyhoo...GO VOTE.

8 answers to this question

it's just a scheme drudged up by the Bush admin...the Dow really isn't that high. I know that the un-employment numbers are lower than that have been all through the Clinton administration on paper, but people are hurting and starving out there. I know that there has not been ONE single terrorist attack on American soil since 9/11, but we really aren't safer. I know that the gas prices per barrel aren't even close to the price they were years ago in today's money, but Bush is ripping off the American people and the oil companies are in his pockets...I know that 6 million jobs have been created in the last few years, but that tax break for the rich is no good for America....

Boy, you conservatives have got it all wrong....bunch a wackos..:D

The Dow Jones Industrials hit 12,000.00 for the first time in the history of the index!!!

Please consider that when taxes are slashed,not hiked...the gov't revenue soars,investment dollars flood the markets,people that generate revenue,keep more of their spoils,spend more of their spoils,might even SAVE!!!!more of their spoils,GIVE MORE OF THEIR ABUNDANCE!!!

IMOHO If we give the likes of N.Pelosi,Schumer..etc,ad nausem,control,this prosperity will vanish.They WILL repeal the tax cuts that President Bush is responsible for,they WILL abandon the protection of this country,they WILL enbrace the UN's efforts to overthrow this countries soveringty.If these are things you desire,you'll love it.If these are items that repulse,and disgust you...CRUSH THEM WITH YOUR VOTE!!!

Anyhoo...GO VOTE.

love stuff like this from a blue state resident.

Anyhoo...GO VOTE.

VOTE DEMOCRATIC in 2006, Remember the stock market when Clinton was prez. It was the best ever and lasted for several years. Oops must of forgot that.

Thank God about 10- 15% of people are in the stock market at most, the other 85% work 2 jobs for lower wages than they just made 5-8 years ago

When will I learn just to shut up and not hit that "Submit Reply' button:whoops: :lgbonk:

JL

it's just a scheme drudged up by the Bush admin...the Dow really isn't that high. I know that the un-employment numbers are lower than that have been all through the Clinton administration on paper, but people are hurting and starving out there. I know that there has not been ONE single terrorist attack on American soil since 9/11, but we really aren't safer. I know that the gas prices per barrel aren't even close to the price they were years ago in today's money, but Bush is ripping off the American people and the oil companies are in his pockets...I know that 6 million jobs have been created in the last few years, but that tax break for the rich is no good for America....

Boy, you conservatives have got it all wrong....bunch a wackos..:D

You finally saw the light

One thing that always gets me is when you all say there hasnt been a terrorist attack since 9/11. There isnt suppose to be and before 9/11 there wasnt a terrorist attack in 8 years on american soil, so we made it 5 years so far. Oh ya Homeland Security is saving us, the Borders are secure now? The Ports are safe now, Oh ya you can bring a knife on a plane now, a 4" knife couldnt kill anybody. I dont know I just dont think Bush is the answer for anything, he laughs at his own base, doesnt listen to anyone but his yes men and we have 73 soldiers dead just in October, for what for a bunch of idiots who will keep killing each other for a few more centuries

Note to self " Dont hit Submit Reply button"

OOOPS

Jeff,Jeff,Jeff,

I am soooo confused!

I was so encouraged by what I thought was an epiphany for you,I thought you had come around when you declared yourself a Republican redneck!!Alas,I was too enthusiastic.LOL!!

you just keep hitting that submit button.The back,and forth is good for all of us.I do agree with your encouragement to vote.Regardless of your choice(kind of...)we the people MUST VOTE.

Ant...very funny,nice work.

J.Meeks,

If it weren't for the UN lovers in the big apple(sheer numbers,and not to imply liberals don't infest the rest of the state),this state is redder than anyone who doesn't live in the Empire state would believe.Voter apathy is a big problem here.Too many have been seduced into believing that their vote is worthless.It is heartbreaking.Got to fight on,no matter what anybody else does,or doesn't.Later men.

Clinton was obviously a great and much feared president, since there were no terrorist attacks on American soil during his presidency! In that regard, he had less attacks than Commisar Bush!

Of course, I am happy with the Dow, since I do have a fair amount invested, but how does it really compare if we account for inflation? Any stock market gurus out there?

I love Google!

I don't think the Bush hating shills have anything to do with this being downplayed at all. It's just a matter of looking at these numbers in context (as all numbers should be viewed). Using the Consumer Price Index as a measure of inflation, the Dow remains around 15 percent below the highs it reached in 2000, according to The New York Times. There are also several graphs and charts showing this on several sites, but I'm on dial-up this AM, so you're going to have to dig those up yourself.

I'm happy it's going up, but I lost a buttload of money for not paying attention during the last major adjustment. I'm going to pay much closer attention this time around.