Sign in to follow this  
Keth

It's official, I am a downstreamer.....

Question

Well, I guess I was once before with my little machine but I went to x-jetting for awhile to get more chem on and when I got my new big rig it didn't have it plumbed in. With some help from Bob I plumbed in an injector and had a 15 foot piece of hose with a screen on the end that I would put in buckets.

My rig came with a 225 gallon fresh water tank and a 35 gallon chemical tank that was plumbed to a sureflo as the guy I bought it from used to do roofs in Florida. I played around with it for awhile and decided that roofs were not going to be a service I offered until I had employees so I started filling the chem tank with housewash and dropping the downstream injector hose into the top of it which was kinda a pain. I always forgot to rinse my injector out after finishing and 15 foot of hose with housewash on it was slippery and required rubber gloves to hang back up.

Today I decided to replumb the rig and change the chem tank outlet from feeding the shurflo to feeding the DS injector. The surflo now has a 6 foot section that I can drop into a bucket of oxalic, which is what I use it for anyways, and now have a tidy solution with the injector. Turn the yellow handle one way and the injector gets house wash. Turn it the other way and it flushes with fresh water from the 225 gallon tank. No more buckets of housewash and no more injector hose wrangling at the end of the job. You pros probably already have it set up like this but I am happy to finally make the switch to this. Will save time and effort and the injector should last longer with a nice fresh rinse after every job. Here is a pic......

tankoutlet-1.jpg

3 answers to this question

Thanks gang. I just need to give the rig a wash now. Getting a little dirtly with me tromping all over it making changes. Love this business. Can't wait to get to the next job.