Sign in to follow this  
landcrusin

first deck job

Question

7 answers to this question

i cleaned the deck with a percarbonate cleaner then used citric acid on it . I let dry for 3 days until the moisture was under 12%.finished off with natural ceder ready seal stain.I did it by hand with a brush and a 9" staining pad.

post-1980-13777216892_thumb.jpg

post-1980-137772168925_thumb.jpg

Well you should less in theory staining by hand especially the railling but a deck that dry after you cleaned it will soak up the stain like a sponge!

I would tell them the deck might need to be stained again in a year then you should be able to go atleast 2 years after that.It's like training the deck to hold the stain and next time you should use half what you used this time.I'm talking staining the only the floor and the topcap of the rail.

Good job for a first deck it's only gonna get easier :cool:

I looked at your "after" pics first, now seeing what you had to start with makes it even more impressive. Very nice job, it came out very nice.

Just an FYI. You can post a second set of pics in the same post by clicking on 'reply' and using the advanced post settings.

Ahh that's cool if you were able to get the deck darker and richer in color.You might want to wait a few weeks till it cures and take pics so your customer will see the finished product.

I like to show my customers a pic when it's the darkest and after it cures so i won't hear "it's sooo dark will it get lighter".