Sign in to follow this  
john@AEC

HELP! - Leaking Flojet

G'day

I've had my new 12v pump for a few weeks and now it has started to leak through the diaphragm and into the gears.

The pump is a Flojet 2100-122 (60 psi, 2gpm, viton/viton). It is mounted vertically (motor up).

I use it pump a mix Sodium Hypochlorite/TSP and water/detergent (at between 1% & 5%). It is usually flushed with clean water during the day and at the end of the day.

Has anyone experienced a viton diaphragm leaking after a few weeks use? I know they are not indestructable, but...

I have contacted my supplier and the manufacturer, but thought I should try the experts as well!

Any advice/clues/winning lottery numbers will be appreciated.

Thanks

post-1787-137772169051_thumb.jpg

You'll probably have to rebuild the Flojet. The last time I ran Chlorine thru mine I went thru three of these flojet surflo pumps in a summer. The Sodium Hypochlorite ate these things alive. Today I use only my x-jet when dealing with chlorine/Bleach. I have another pump that I'm going to set-up to handle chlorine straight. Another pump you can use is the John Blue pumps. Go to the roof section here and ask Don Phelps about those pumps. As for the typical flojet/surflo pumps they will be devoured eventually by the devistating effects from Sodium Hypoclorite.

Thanks John

From the roofers/suppliers, I was under the impression that they would last - especially with viton.

I have a rebuild kit, I just can't get it apart (corroded together).

Cheers