Sign in to follow this  
Kurt

Welcome to the Jungle...

Question

Was asked to throw some numbers at this one today. Includes the roof and this 4' x 500' PVC boardwalk.

The roof isn't that bad but the boardwalk is a new one for me due to the distance from a water supply. If I drag a small say 2.5gpm unit into the bush with me, think I'll still get enough water supply through all that garden hose? The boardwalk is about 150 from the nearest supply. The boardwalk is over land and the grime will wipe off with a wetted finger.

The roof is a no brainer but I'm a bit stumped on pricing the BW.

post-2174-13777216919_thumb.jpg

post-2174-137772169195_thumb.jpg

post-2174-137772169199_thumb.jpg

8 answers to this question

I have never encountered a job quite that distance. Can you get to the other end with a water supply? I have 600gal capacity with 300 feet of pressure hose but still wouldnt make that type of run.

Good luck and remember that you will still need a really good water source to travel several hundred feet thru 3/4" hose pipe.

Good Luck

Anthony

It is not that big a deal. Check ytour tap water flow, and make sure it is about 4 GPM, and you should easily have 2.5 GPM at 500 feet. The rest is pretty straight forward.

There is a lot of money to be made by thinking you can.

Was asked to throw some numbers at this one today. Includes the roof and this 4' x 500' PVC boardwalk.

The roof isn't that bad but the boardwalk is a new one for me due to the distance from a water supply. If I drag a small say 2.5gpm unit into the bush with me, think I'll still get enough water supply through all that garden hose? The boardwalk is about 150 from the nearest supply. The boardwalk is over land and the grime will wipe off with a wetted finger.

The roof is a no brainer but I'm a bit stumped on pricing the BW.

If thats the only size Powerwasher you have then it will have to do. If the mildew just rubs off on your finger and this is a PVC boardwalk its a cinch to clean. If you dont have 500' of hose I would purchase it for a job like this so in the future you can handle this and other bigger jobs. To Clean this board walk I would soak it then spray a chlorine mixture all over it then just rinse it clean...I woul prabably also charge at least in the neighboorhood of $400 for a job like this and it shouldn't take you any more then an 1-1.5 hrs to complete. Pvc Cleans like a charm and it easy Money...To bad you didnt have a much higher gpm machine for this but either way this job is easy money.

...I woul prabably also charge at least in the neighboorhood of $400 for a job like this and it shouldn't take you any more then an 1-1.5 hrs to complete.

Not enough!! It's not a nightmare but at the same time it has it's specifics.

Don't forget that he has to walk the entire length on the inside and on the outside. In order to clean that thing effectively you need to be on the ground in the bush, otherwise you won't be able spray the outside and the underside of the top handrest. Standing ontop of the handrest and hanging over the side will work but not 100%....besides it's backbreaking. Trust me!

$400 is not enought to be walking among the snakes and spiders.

Okay....nevermind. I just looked at the picture again and realized that this boardwalk's construction is a bit different compared to the one we did. Disregard my comment.

Still...I think he should charge more.

here's what ours looked like:

post-833-13777216922_thumb.jpg

Sorry I wasn't clearer. I have a 5.6gpm machine. I just thought it would be easier to pull a small unit, 50' of HP hose and a bunch of garden hose with me than deal with hundreds upon hundreds of feet of HP hose and potentially have to walk back and forth to my trailer.

I'd prefer a bit more volume than the current lil 2.7gpm I was planning on using but for now, these are my two choices.

I've cleaned this material before and it does clean up nicely with chem and of course I'll use it. Much of it will vanish before your eyes. Figured I'd just need a little water for aggitation and rinse.

Thanks alot.

Looks like an easy fun job. i would stick my pw right in the middle on the bw and run 250Ft pw hose. Im not sure what I would bid, maybe $600-700 but I wouldnt be on the ground. I would use a spray flex and rain suit and hit it all from on top. Have Fun.