Sign in to follow this  
HotShot

you can run but...

Question

24 answers to this question

Anybody else have a video with 93,350 views? :D

I can't believe this many people have watched me shoot a coyote. It's great. I hope it inspires a lot of people to go hunting. It's really fun and challenging and you may even help out a rancher or two.

[yt]P7_BQp05EIc[/yt]

Anybody else have a video with 93,350 views? :D

I can't believe this many people have watched me shoot a coyote. It's great. I hope it inspires a lot of people to go hunting. It's really fun and challenging and you may even help out a rancher or two.

[yt]P7_BQp05EIc[/yt]

Nice Ant. I would love to go more predator hunting. Going to Oregon for elk with bow here in a couple weeks. Only got time for one weekend but better than nothin. Have a bear and cougar tag with me too if one comes my way.

Have fun man...I got a bear last year with a bow. One of favorite hunting trips ever. Talk about an adrenaline rush.

I bet. Lifelong dream is to go to alaska for grizzley. Will need to bring an extra pair of shorts to change into after the shot though.

Outside of cats and small dogs (which are vermin to me, especially the little yappy ones), how do coyotes affect your area? I would think they would help to keep the population of rodents and feral cats in check? I'm not anti hunting at all, just wondering what the benefit of taking them out is.

There are gajillions of them around here. Also, fur prices have been really high the last couple years so that makes it nice too ;) What started me hunting them was when they ate my little neighbor girls' puppy. It completely crushed them and it pissed me off. It was on from then...

Far enough, what are you using to take 'em out? I'm in a residential area so it's Starlings (you can kill as many as you want to in Texas) and squirrels (keep digging up my plants).

Funny story; when I was in Air Force Basic Training in San Antonio we would be restricted to barracks around sunset. There were sooo many Starlings on the base that, around sunset when they were all converging into the trees to settle down for the night, base cops would surround the trees and, at the count of three, BAM....they would unload into the trees with shot guns. I remember walking to chow the next day having to tip-tow around Starling carcasses on my way to breakfast. They would cull hundreds every night.

Edited by Mountain View

Well, I have several weapons of choice, but my favorite coyote gun is this one. It's a Savage 24F, .223 on top and 12 gauge on the bottom. I did the cammo job myself. I have replace that scope since this picture too...

2rxib89.jpg