Sign in to follow this  
dlamontm98

Home depot pressure washer

Have any of you seen the pressure washer at Home Depot for about $999.99 by Honda? Is this pressure washer good for window cleaning? or is it too much power for washing windows

Also, what is the process of using a pressure washer instead of a bucket and squeegee. Are you using the washer to remove the dirt and grime then the squeegee or DI water-- so it dries itself with no water spots.

The only way to clean windows with a power washer is to rinse with DI water.

You spray a window cleaning soap on, use a scrubber to scrub the window (on extension pole for second floor). Then rinse with DI water.

You have the customers remove the screens prior to your arrival, if you are just doing exteriors.

When I quote a house wash, I tell the customer that I may possibly leave spots on the windows. In my house wash mix, I add a rinse aid, which helps reduce water spots, sometimes to the point where the windows are ok, but not necessarily perfect.

As Mike said, DI water would be required to have a shot and truly spot free windows after power washing.

If I were going to wash windows only, and not the house, the squeege method would be far faster and easier than trying to wash them with my pressure washer.

As far as the washer at HD for $999....Honda 13hp with a direct drive Cat or AR pump. I've got two of them, and they work fine. The only problem I've had is that the carts vibrate themselves to pieces and often need to be repaired. I use these everyday, and have a lot of hours on them.

I've also got two belt drive units that get used every day. These are smoother running, and transmit less vibration thru the hose. The carts are much heavier duty than the others. However they are about 20# heavier than a direct drive unit. My belt drive units seem to be more fuel efficient than the direct drives. It is said that the pumps on belt drive units last significantly longer.

For a couple hundred more $$, I'd recommend a belt drive unit over the direct drive HD machine.

Hd machine works great for house washing...I've used it for over a year and have a few hundred hours on it. Not necessary for windows, though. I drop down to regular house water pressure for windows and use a squeegee and window cleaner.

High pressure will blow water under the sill and make wet carpet,

When a regular garden hose won’t do, consider a pressure washer for outdoor projects that require high-power cleaning. Nothing works faster or more effectively than a pressure washer when it comes to heavy-duty outdoor cleaning projects.

You can use a pressure washer to clean surfaces such as debris-ridden sidewalks and driveways. You can even use a pressure washer's powerful stream to strip peeling paint from a deck or house prior to resealing or painting.

http://www.best-pressure-washer-reviews.com/power-washer-reviews.html