Sign in to follow this  
Roger Oakley

UK Teak clean & Seal

Question

Some before, prep, and after photos of a set of Teak Furniture I finished today. These are just of the table. But the chairs look good too. Owner is over the moon with the results, and I feel pretty pleased with the out-come too.

Before photo is not great, taken on Thursday morning 08:00 pouring with rain dark horrible weather over here at the moment.

Roger

post-1658-137772170647_thumb.jpg

post-1658-137772170652_thumb.jpg

post-1658-137772170657_thumb.jpg

6 answers to this question

Looks good Roger, what stain did you use and how long did it take?

Hi Barry,

It took about 3 hours to wash and citric 6 chairs and the table.

1 day to sand and stain the chairs, and about 4 hours to sand and stain the table. I used Cabots ATO (natural).

All done by hand/brush. This might seem a long while? I had to move everything into owners garage to dry-out and then prep as the rain over here at the end of last week was a pain. So a bit tight for space.

Great looking work. We get these types done in about an hour for washing and around 2 hours for sealing including sanding.

We use a pw'er which helps tremendously to get into all the nooks and crannies of teak furniture.

Keep em coming. It's great to see your progress.

Rod!~

Great looking work. We get these types done in about an hour for washing and around 2 hours for sealing including sanding.

We use a pw'er which helps tremendously to get into all the nooks and crannies of teak furniture.

Keep em coming. It's great to see your progress.

Rod!~

I washed with a pressure washer too. I did re-seal by hand though (brush).

You can wash 6 chairs and a table in an hour !! and two hours to sand & seal this lot, Wow I must be really slow :lgbounces.

Roger

It's in the mix. We have products that give us results quickly so that the wash goes fast. Plus, we have a method to our madness and after doing literally hundreds of pieces of furniture, you come up with a method that helps you to get done quicker. I understand the lack of space may have impeded your progress.

Rod!~

It's in the mix. We have products that give us results quickly so that the wash goes fast. Plus, we have a method to our madness and after doing literally hundreds of pieces of furniture, you come up with a method that helps you to get done quicker. I understand the lack of space may have impeded your progress.

Rod!~

Beth/Rod

Do you always sand furniture like that before you seal it? What would you charge (here in US) for a job like the one Roger did. I put out a flyer that had some before and after teak pics on it and I've been getting spuratic wood cleaning jobs. I mostly do houses and roofs though. I tell people the teak in the pics is wet and that they'll need to stain afterwords if they want to keep it looking that deep wood color. I usually refer them to readyseal.

Any advice on how to clean (i use bleach), wether to sand, how much to charge (i know demographics is always an issue) etc...