Sign in to follow this  
PRESSURE PACKED

Have I Been Duped

Just Asking Around...when I Bought My Last Pressure Cleaner I Thiught I Was Getting 8 Gallons At 3500...i Was A Fireman So I Understand Friction Loss.. Having Said That I Am Getting 3500 Psi At The Hose Before The Hose Reel But At The Tip Of The Gun Is 2900// So My Question Is Whouldnt The Pressure Be 3500 At The Pressure Cleaning Wand,, Shouldnt The Place Where I Bought The Cleaner Have Taken In To Account That I Would Have 200 Foot Of Hose And Tweaked The Pump To Get 3500 At The Wand,,,

That is typical with 200 feet of hose. Who cares, with 8 gpm, 3500 psi is not needed. I know, I have an 8 gpm machine. Here's what psi I use -

Fleet washing - 1200 psi

Decks - 800 psi

Houses - 100 - 500 psi

Pressure Packed, this does not surprise me at all. Think about 4inch hose vs. 1 3/4 hose. the difference in friction loss is unbelievable. This is why we get more volume out of one 4 inch supply than out of 2 3 inch supply lines.Now account for 3/8 inch hose with 8 gpm of water being forced thru, thats a lot of volume to create more friction.

But the price was right wasn't it. Thats how they sell for so cheap. I understand the logic that it has a honda engine and a general pump, but that does not say that it is good. Assembly is always something to consider.

I have heard many stories of companies tweaking units to give better performance. May not seem too bad, but it is something that makes thing wear out and break faster which ends of costing all the money you saved in the beginning, as well as downtime.

But the price was right wasn't it. Thats how they sell for so cheap. I understand the logic that it has a honda engine and a general pump, but that does not say that it is good. Assembly is always something to consider.

I have heard many stories of companies tweaking units to give better performance. May not seem too bad, but it is something that makes thing wear out and break faster which ends of costing all the money you saved in the beginning, as well as downtime.

So I'm a little confused about why you're taking shots at the machine? It was advertised by the manufacturer to have an 8gpm pump putting out 3500 psi (which means the discharge of the pump by all manufacturers). The pump is doing just that. I know that Pressure Pro is not a Hotsy or Alkota. But What did they do that's even remotely shady or not up to par with this machine?

Scott

Just because a pump is rated for something does not mean they have to advertise it for that. Sell it for what it is and does without the hype.

I'm Still confused??? I want to understand what you're getting at, but I just don't.

Scott

Shouldnt The Place Where I Bought The Cleaner Have Taken In To Account That I Would Have 200 Foot Of Hose And Tweaked The Pump To Get 3500 At The Wand,,,

No, I don't believe they should have.