Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sopowerclean

Coil Leaking

Guest Sopowerclean

My hot water coil was leaking. I took it off of machine to take to welding shop to have repaired, I first wanted to test it myself. I hooked it up outside of my trailer on shop floor I tried to run air through it and could not find a leak. I then hooked pressure washer up to it and found a small pinhole sized leak. Took it to welding shop and they could not find a leak. I carried trailer over there and hooked up to it at welding shop and ran pressure up to 3100 psi and ran it several minutes and could not find any leak, not even a drip. Ran it several times and could find no signs of a leak whatsoever. Can anyone give me some advice as to should i put it back in or replace it. or how to make it leak so shop can fix it. Thank you

It is possible that a piece of rust plugged the hole temporarily. If it is developing leaks you may be able to repair them but more than likely it will be short lived. A new coil will usually run between $400-1000 depending on the size of the machine. If it were me I would replace it, changing coils can be a PITA and down time is a killer.